Chicken and Salsa in a crockpot....???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markherm13

Assistant Cook
I have about 2-3 lbs of chicken, 32 oz of salsa and 16 oz of water that i JUST put in the crockpot. At this point i like to add fresh ingredients ( corn, black beans, cilantro onions ect....) and just get creative with it and have fun.
Any suggestions for things to add?.......please...

It sounds great .Will you be serving this over rice?You didd'nt mention garlic I am sure this is in the ect. catigory.You have named some of my all time favorites and you just need to know what you want the final product to taste like.I have found that it is possible to get too many flavors going and you end up with a muddy mess.More is not allways better and I am going back to basics on some of my favorite recipes to see if I can clean them up and improve them.Think about how you want it to taste and try to make it happen.

will not use black beans again. have a pot in progress. the liquid they are in stains everything it touches
big mess to clean up when boiled to high in early part of cooking these we soaked over night and i drained liquid off. still stained.

u have it all coved, i would try with a little more water to make it gravy and have it with garlic bread!

My Salsa Chicken recipe

I'm new to crockpot cooking. This is an adaptation of a recipe my daughter has made and of several similar ones I've seen online. You may have to adjust the cooking time to suit your own slow cooker:

[FONT=&quot]Crockpot Salsa Chicken[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]six boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or a bit more)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one 15 oz can rinsed black beans [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]one 15 oz can corn (or frozen)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]24 oz jar salsa (I used about 20 ounces and saved the rest)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Put it in 3 or 4 quart pot and cook on low for six to eight hours (less if you use chicken breasts). I actually cooked mine for three hours on high, then three hours on low. It was a tad overcooked but fine. I took out the chicken, shredded it, and put it back. I cooked it on high without the lid for a few minutes to reduce the liquid. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's good in warmed flour tortillas with shredded lettuce, diced avocado, shredded cheese, and sour cream.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom