Chicken/spinach recipes, any ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Ok, so we got breaded chicken cutlets and fresh spinach. We want to use them up tonight. Does anyone have any suggestion as to recipes for these two ingredients. (dont want to use spinach on the side, I want it to be incorporated into the dish).

Thanks in advance,

Larry

Oh, need to start again.

Anyway, assuming the cutlets have to be flat, I'd steam the spinach and wring as dry as I can, then layer it on top of the cutlets, then some cheese -- Parm, provelone, etc. bake or broil. Again, don't know what the cutlets are that you're starting with.

If they are raw and flexible, then do the above, but put a spoon-full of cheese and spinach in the middle of the cutlet and roll. Top with either a tomato sauce or cream sauce (the sauces can have spinach in them as well), then bake.

Serve with a light pasta side and tossed green salad.

If you weren't looking for an integrated recipe, you could cook the cutlets without much fanfare, and use the spinach to make a risotto and top the cutlets with that.

Last edited:
Chop the fresh spinach, sauté with shallots, mix it with cheese (feta or other) and bread crumbs. Place the spinach mix on top of the breaded cutlet and bake.

Not sure what you mean by breaded cutlets. Are those pre-cooked or raw?

Assuming raw, I'd go with a variant of Clair's suggestion. Cut a pocket into the cutlet, fill with the spinach/cheese mixture, and pan fry. Top with a simple pan sauce.

If they're pre-cooked, put a spoonful or two of the "stuffing" on top of each cutlet, and pop in the broiler just until the cheese melts and the cutlet is heated through.

Chicken Florentine. Say no more....
Or you could make it in the form of a casserole by adding rice, cream of something soup, place spinach then chicken then cheese and bake for 45 minutes or so...

Last edited:
Ok, so we got breaded chicken cutlets and fresh spinach. We want to use them up tonight. Does anyone have any suggestion as to recipes for these two ingredients. (dont want to use spinach on the side, I want it to be incorporated into the dish).

Thanks in advance,

Larry

I like spinach in a white sauce, which is excellent for dipping fried cutlet pieces.

Sometimes I add parm, and/or a little cream cheese to the sauce.

You can always make chicken Parmesan but throw some spinach between the sauce and cheese.

Back
Top Bottom