Chicken Thighs, White Beans, Chopped Tomatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I have...

four average sized, bone-in, chicken thighs
a can of white beans (around 15 oz)
a can of chopped tomatoes

(Standard herbs and spices, butter and olive oil, and a clove of garlic, too)

Can't wait to see what you come up with!:)

Got any pastry or potatoes? A pie if you do. Lightly saute the chicken in cubes, put in a casserole type dish with the white beans and tomatoes, all mixed up with your choice of seasonings, get some gravy or tomato puree in there as well and top with a pastry lid or mashed potato (maybe with some cheese mixed in it) and bake. Serve with a salad.

Season the thighs and brown them in OO. Remove to platter. Saute some chopped onion, add curry powder, ground coriander seeds, cumin and tumeric to taste, and saute until fragrant. Add back the thighs, add the tomatoes, and some chicken stock if you have it. Simmer until chicken is almost done. Add the beans and simmer until heated through. Chopped carrots and spinach is really good if you have them. (I've been eating this for lunch all week!:LOL:)

This thread inspired me to get some chicken thighs and bacon at the shops today. If, and as of now, it is a big if, I get around to it, I thought I would dice and brown the chicken thighs in chopped bacon with some garlic and other seasonings, then place in a casserole dish with a can of chopped tomatoes and a can of butter beans, some chopped mushrooms and baby spinach leaves, topped with some cream and grated cheese. Might even add a potato into the mix. A sort of baked chicken stew. If it happens, I'm sure it will evolve into whatever I am thinking at the time. But that's the basis of it for now. Tweeking required.

Make a puree out of the beans with some herbs and seasonings. Brown the thighs in a skillet, then add the tomatoes, 1/2 c water, 1/3 c red wine salt & pepper. Braise the thighs for 25 minutes covered, then another 20 minutes uncovered. Remove the thighs and reduce the sauce adding herbs at the end.

Plate starting with the bean puree, then a thigh, then top with some of the tomato sauce.

i know you like your veggies, poopsie, so a variation of a shrimp and white bean salad might be good using the chicken thighs.

i would sprinkle some evoo and italian seasoning on the thighs and either broil or bake them, then shred the meat and place on a bed of mixed greens. drain and rinse the beans, toss with the chopped tomato, a sliced clove or two of garlic, minced red onion, finely chopped celery, evoo and balsamic or red wine vinegar. pour the bean/tomato mixture over the chicken and greens.

if you get the chance, do try this with shrimp. it's deelish.

Oh, these all sound so good!

Bucky, you know me well--that salad sounds perfect! We're doing a Costco run later this month (Christmas spiral ham:)) so I'll have to get some shrimp to try your idea.

Jeekinz, we're supposed to have some cold snowy/rainy weather this weekend and your idea fits the bill. Thanks! It would be really good served with some polenta.

I would roast the thighs until you can easily de-bone the meat.

Take the white beans and mash up with garlic and lemon juice. (white bean hummus). Place in a bowl.

Diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil. Mix up and spoon around the beans along the edge of the bowl. Lay the roasted pulled chicken over the top of the bean hummus...

I hope yours came out good, mine was :sick:. Well maybe not that bad.:LOL: I got a little carried away and should have stuck with my original recipe.:chef:

I hope yours came out good, mine was :sick:. Well maybe not that bad.:LOL: I got a little carried away and should have stuck with my original recipe.:chef:

You're not selling yourself very well here, jeekinz!:LOL: What did you do differently than what you posted above that you didn't care for?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom