Ground Pork and String Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
What can I make with these. I can get other ingredients as needed if I do not already have them on hand, but I have ground pork and string beans I would like to use up tonight. Any ideas?

I don't know about the pork sausage, but one of my favorite ways of preparing string beans is:

Fry several strips of bacon until extra crispy (to be used as bacon bits).
Use the bacon grease over medium heat to lightly fry de-stringed string beans. Add pearl onions, minced garlic and mushroom slices. Toss until just thoroughly warmed through. Add bacon bits and serve.

Brown the pork, saute some onion and garlic. Add a 10 oz. can of Rotel tomatoes (or regular canned tomato) and cumin. French cut the beans. Combine all and simmer until beans are tender.

Serve over rice or couscous.

That sounds very tasty Selkie. I don't have any bacon on hand (always looking for an excuse to buy some), but I do have some bacon grease.

Andy, that sounds like something my family would love. Thanks.

GB, do Andy's with a few more veg to your "tagine" maybe some cauliflower and or chickpeas. sounds like a yum!

Ohhhh I forgot I have some leftover roasted cauliflower in the fridge that I wanted to use up too. Thanks Robo!!!

I say forget about the pork. And beans, saute with a little bit of butter, garlic salt and almonds. Yum.

Brown the pork, breaking it up into tiny bits. Set the meat aside, and stir fry the green beans in the drippings until they are barely tender. Put the pork back in the pan. Add some Thai sweet chili sauce (or duck sauce with sriracha or hot sauce), some fish sauce or soy sauce to taste. (For a pound of beans and a pound of pork, I would use 2 T sweet chili sauce and 1 T fish sauce/soy sauce.)

Serve with jasmine rice.

Whenever I think of pork and green beans Sichuan dishes come to mind.

Brown the ground pork in a healthy amount of smoking-hot canola oil (you want some excess). When it's browned, add some minced garlic, ginger, and fermented chile bean paste - stir it about until the oil turns red and the garlic is lightly browned. Toss the green beans in and stir-fry a bit. Add some water/stock and a shot of soy sauce, then cover to steam the beans. Thicken the final product with a bit of corn starch slurry and season with salt, white pepper, and a bit of sesame oil (use some ground sichuan peppercorn if you have it too).

Chow with white rice, spooning a bit of the chile oil over it.

Back
Top Bottom