I have Bacon, and Orange, and cream cheese...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chardonnay

Assistant Cook
I have a challenge from my father that I have to acomplish before I attend culinary school. He's given me Bacon, an orange, and cream cheese. I can also use other ingredients such as chocolate, but I have to make a desert. Any ideas you can throw at me?

You could glaze the bacon with brown sugar to add a sweetness to it, section the orange and dip it in chocolate, use the orange zest and some sugar to flavor the cream cheese. Spread a layer of the flavored cream cheese on to the cooked, glazed bacon and wrap it around the dipped orange slices.

Not sure how good that combination would taste...

Does this mean your dads will send me to culinary school???

That actually sounds really good...but that could just be because I'm really hungry. I'll probably try that one.

If it works out he just might. So long as you wanna go to Johnson and Wales that is.

Orange flavored cheesecake (using the zest), with garnish of a chocolate covered bacon stick, and orange supremes...????????

Uh oh, we've run into a problem here! Our orange turned out to be a grapefruit, but we also have peaches is there's anything we can do with those and my bacon and cream cheese?

that's awesome. zest, then peel your fruit with a knife. section very neatly. combine a pack of cream cheese with zest. pipe with a star tip onto a plate into a tiered rosette. layer bacon over itself onto a parchment-lined 1/2 sheet tray; bake till crispy. dip half of cooked bacon into chocolate. layer fruit segements over each other around cream cheese. stick 2 pieces of bacon from the rosette. temper your chocolate. i tried to cut-&paste; it was being stubborn for me.

whoa, my Mom just co-signed for me.

Oh, that's sounds yummy! I'll post how it turns out, I'm getting ready to start it now!

My dad and financial aid are what's going to get me through college.

Well, according to my family it was tasty! I ended up watering down a bunch of sugar on pouring it over the grapefruit. Then I put bacon with some cream cheese in between on a toothpick, topped it with a small slice of grapefruit and squeezed grapefruit juice over the final product. Thanks for all the suggestions! It turned out quite well!

Back
Top Bottom