I have excess tomatoes, garlic, and carrots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

appledee

Assistant Cook
What can I do with them? I don't want them to go bad. They don't have to be all in the same dishes... If I have to, I can buy meat to complete the recipe.

Thanks in advance!!!!

What can I do with them? I don't want them to go bad. They don't have to be all in the same dishes... If I have to, I can buy meat to complete the recipe.

Thanks in advance!!!!
What type and size tomatoes? If they are Roma's, cut in half the long way get out some of the seeds then fill with a mix of buttered bead crumbs a little finely chopped onion and parsley add some parmesan and put into the oven til hot and the top golden. Some honey glazed carrots and baked salmon or chicken beasts dipped in seasond bread crumbs dinner is ready a green salad of some sort would also be nice. Any questions I'll try to help.
kadesma

What type and size tomatoes? If they are Roma's, cut in half the long way get out some of the seeds then fill with a mix of buttered bead crumbs a little finely chopped onion and parsley add some parmesan and put into the oven til hot and the top golden. Some honey glazed carrots and baked salmon or chicken beasts dipped in seasond bread crumbs dinner is ready a green salad of some sort would also be nice. Any questions I'll try to help.
kadesma

awesome!!! i have some parsley and onion too...!!! I dont have parmesan though. Can I use Gouda? Sorry, I have random stuff in my fridge... :ermm:

I don't have regular bread crumb, but I have panko (japanese) bread crumb. Can I use this? How hot's the oven supposed to be? 350?

Thank you...!!!

awesome!!! i have some parsley and onion too...!!! I dont have parmesan though. Can I use Gouda? Sorry, I have random stuff in my fridge... :ermm:

I don't have regular bread crumb, but I have panko (japanese) bread crumb. Can I use this? How hot's the oven supposed to be? 350?

Thank you...!!!
Gouda would be great any cheese that you enjoy just shred it if possible so it melts quicker and panko I love and would work as well, I'd crush it just a little to make it finer and add some butter to it, makes it much tastier and decadent and then you're set...I put mine in a 350-375 oven watch closely and pull them out after the cheese melts and the top is golden..Enjoy

kadesma:)

How many tomatoes???

If you have plenty, you could use all of those ingredients, and buy some pasta and meat and give a go at making your own homemade pasta sauce. Mmmmm... garlic, onion, carrot, gouda, and some herbs sound like a great sauce to me!

Make tomato puree and use them for longer. Try this recipe for making puree

1 onion
3 stalks celery
3 sweet peppers
tomatoes (quartered)
Directions

SIMMER all ingredients until soft.

Press through sieve, season with salt and pepper

Fill jars to within 1/2 inch of top.

Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.

Process in Boiling Water Bath 45 minutes.

You could send them to my house! :LOL:

But seriously, you could make tomato sauce with the tomatoes and garlic and freeze it. I like carrots in my chicken and egg noodles.

Hello

Why not make some tomato and garlic sauce and then freeze it. Also if you blanch the carrots you can then freeze them.

Chunky salsa.. Carrots work great in a nice salsa.

Get some hot peppers, cilantro onions.. fine chop and mix.. the carrots add a nice crunch. Add some black beans.. from a can.. mash 1/3 and stir in..

Black bean salsa... tasty!!

If that ever happens to me I make soup!! Just throw everything in a pot, start mixing your favorite spices and add chicken broth. Not being a great cook myself I have found that chicken broth is a must have in the kitchen.

you wanna know what to do ? make chili!! get out the slow cooker and let everything sit in it all day

Hello Appledee :)

Looks like good pasta sauce ingredients.

Boil the carrots.
Fry the garlic in some olive oil. Then add the tomatoes. When the tomatoes are warm, add the carrots, some salt, sugar and whatever herbs you have that go well in this sauce. Whizz up with a wand whizzer or a blender.

Mel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom