Leftover sliced, sweetened strawberries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Topping plain yogurt, putting in a Spinach salad, topping for ice cream, smush together in small containers - stab a wooden skewer in and freeze for fruit pops.

Peanut butter or almond butter and Strawberry sandwiches.

I've never heard of these things "leftover strawberries"! Somehow we just never seem to have any at my house!

I don't know how much you have but we love this. Take a few 1/4 in slices of French bread toast them under the broiler then butter with the real thing top with the strawberries, sprinkle on some sugar and either use a kitchen torch or put you bread under the broiler til sugar melts and carmalizes. so sweet and good. I can promise they will all dissapear.
kadesma

Make a Strawberry Fool: Puree the strawberries, then fold them into lightly sweetened freshly whipped cream. Chill and serve in goblets. Delicious!

Make a Strawberry Cream Pie, Strawberries Romanoff, Strawberry Mousse, Strawberry Charlotte Russe, Strawberry Coffee Cake, Strawberry Sauce to serve over ice cream, yogurt, etc., use them to top French Toast...

Last edited:
We usually don't have leftovers either, but I cut up a whole box from Costco because we were all craving them. You know how they are kind of limp and extra soft the next day after they've been mascerated with sugar. Shortcake sounds perfect for it! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas everyone!

Last edited:
We usually don't have leftovers either, but I cut up a whole box from Costco because we were all craving them. You know how they are kind of limp and extra soft the next day after they've been mascerated with sugar. Shortcake sounds perfect for it! Thanks

LOL! There's 2 of us and I buy the Costco box...we eat strawberries for two solid days! All too soon they will be gone again!

What leftover strawberries? :LOL:

They do freeze well while packed in syrup. Just slice and add sugar - let set in the refrigerator for a day and the juices and sugar will combine to make a syrup. Pour into a container and freeze.

Back
Top Bottom