Mangos and Chicken.....roulade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RPMcMurphy

Cook
Got some chicken thighs and some mangos.....going to make a roulade, but seems like it needs a little "more" maybe a cheese? ...something.

Going to accompany it with a green salad with strawberries and some glazed pecans....

this is for dinner tonight for just my girlfriend and i...so ok to "experiment" a little.

I would opt for chicken scallopini using breast meat and possibly some prosicutto. How are you going to roll the thighs? You could make a mango salsa, which has been done 10 million times. lol

Oh, I can roll me some thighs.......

I like the thighs because they are more moist. I'm thinking just maybe some mangoes but with a chili sauce on top

I see mango salsa in that roulade (sorry J):LOL: - no cheese necessary. If you are using darker greens for your salad you can also include those in the roulade.

Just be sure to brush on some olive oil and salt and pepper the inside of the chicken before you "stuff it", as well as the outside. That's the problem with most roulades, people forget to season.

Last edited:
Oh, I can roll me some thighs.......

I like the thighs because they are more moist. I'm thinking just maybe some mangoes but with a chili sauce on top

You can have moist breast meat. If you insist on the thigh meat, I would choose something to cut the greasiness. Maybe add some lime juice or cayenne pepper.

lime juice, cayenne.........oh we have the beginnings of salsa :-p

Thigh meat isn't greasy - it's moist. Duck meat is greasy, yes.

I would choose something to cut the greasiness. Maybe add some lime juice or cayenne pepper.

Blasphemy! haha. yeah, i'll definitely put some lime juice or cayenne.

Yeah, you can have moist breasts, but I'm a leg man....it will catch up to me in my waist for sure, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Sorry for the aboriginally, but I was thinking mago salsa as well. I generally do not like fruits with my meats, but mango and chicken just go so well together that i can't resist. A little mango, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalopeno or other pepper, and maybe a bit of garlic, salt and pepper.

Sorry for the aboriginally, but I was thinking mago salsa as well. I generally do not like fruits with my meats, but mango and chicken just go so well together that i can't resist. A little mango, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, jalopeno or other pepper, and maybe a bit of garlic, salt and pepper.

sold, I'll probably do this....

and of COURSE I'll take a picture :)

still have some pictures of the shortribs I did on thursday...MMMMmm

going to do some balsamic strawberrys and glazed pecans in the salad too...

Got some chicken thighs and some mangos.....going to make a roulade, but seems like it needs a little "more" maybe a cheese? ...something.

Going to accompany it with a green salad with strawberries and some glazed pecans....

this is for dinner tonight for just my girlfriend and i...so ok to "experiment" a little.

When I think of mangos, one thing that comes to mind is mangos & sticky rice. I know it's sweet/dessert, but how about a coconut sauce w lime juice (maybe sliced avocados on the side)... i.e.

Chicken with Coconut Sauce Recipe

When I think of mangos, one thing that comes to mind is mangos & sticky rice. I know it's sweet/dessert, but how about a coconut sauce w lime juice (maybe sliced avocados on the side)... i.e.

Chicken with Coconut Sauce Recipe

thanks, did coconut breaded pork last week, with mandarin orange and black beans, coconut jalapeno sauce over rice

270556570_oWgbe-M.jpg

Okie Dokie...worked out well.

Mango Salsa Roulade with Chicken Thighs.....and a salad with spring greens, balsamic strawberries, glazed pecans, and some homemade balsamic dressing...mmmmm

276369829_cGfCj-M.jpg

It's not polite to aim the edge of a knife towards your hand...........heard that somewhere, never forgot it.

It's not polite to aim the edge of a knife towards your hand...........heard that somewhere, never forgot it.

yeah, I get told that a lot, but as many times as I tell my g/f....it's one of those "not worth mentioning" things if you know what I mean! haha.

I "handled it" for easter dinner...
269229406_xvXZi-M.jpg

I bought boneless thighs, and just pounded them out..........I didn't have string so I used little skewers. I made 4 little roulades, able to be cut into 4 slices or so (and i left the ugly ends off for the plate presentation), worked out great, we could only eat one each, but we have 2 left over for lunch today.

276366937_k6nir-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom