Must Have Ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which one? The bags, the k-cups, the concentrate, or the decaf version of each?

I can send you the ones that the pony express won't bring to Texas.

:mrgreen:

mumbling...can't get something in Jersey...

Down here in Texas, iced tea is like water -- it's everywhere. You don't even have to ask for "iced tea," you just order "tea." The only question asked is "Sweet or un-sweet?" As much as I do enjoy a big glass of Texas sweet tea, the combination of caffeine and sugar will have me bouncing off the walls for hours.

BTW, there is only one brand of tea for iced tea."Luzianne." If you can't get it in Jersey, let me know. Your "bro" from Glassboro will send you some.

CD
I remember seeing the Luzzerne tea, while down south, and the packaging looks just like the Salada up here, which has always been my favorite tea for iced tea. Maybe one of those things that are just packaged different, in different regions?

It may not surprise you to see the tea I use most for iced tea:
Thai tea by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I don't make it with a ton of sugar, and evaporated milk - the classic Thai tea - but I use about 1/4 c of it, plus 4 or 5 tea bags (whatever is on sale, I stock up on it, esp. Lipton, since it is in foil wrapping) to almost a gallon of water. I just steep the Thai tea in a half gal container, and the bags in the gal pitcher, half full, then strain the Thai tea into it. This brand is the best of about 5 different ones I've tried - some have almost no flavor (other than bad tea!), others an artificial flavor. I wait until they have a sale, or a flat rate shipping deal! They also have the best fish sauce I have found - Trachang Gold - and the best 5 spice powder, even though it isn't really a Thai spice.
https://importfood.com/products/thai-spices/item/thai-tea-mix

I also make mint tea - as soon as my mint patch starts popping up, the first thing I use it for is tea! About a 8-10" sprig is just right, for a gal pitcher. Sometimes I make spice mixes, for chai tea, but 4 out of 5 times it's Thai tea in my pitcher, and, like down there, it's like water to me - the reason I didn't think of it as a must have, until the very end!

Which one? The bags, the k-cups, the concentrate, or the decaf version of each?

I can send you the ones that the pony express won't bring to Texas.

:mrgreen:

mumbling...can't get something in Jersey...

K-cups for iced tea???? How many of those would it take to fill my quart mug?

Yah, suh!

Sitty six poi-cent is sure 'nough the winnah.

If you ever decide to spend some time down here in Texas, let me know -- and be nice to me. Whether I keep you from gettin' your a$$ kicked or sit back and watch you get your a$$ kicked will depend on which one of us is pickin' up the bar tab.

First tip... don't say poi-cent. Yah, suh is also not a good idea. :rolleyes:

CD

Back
Top Bottom