Need ideas for a load of hot cherry peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
i grew 4 hot cherry pepper plants that are exploding with the spicy little bombs. i will be harvesting them over the next few days and could really use recipes to help use them up.

my efforts to pickle them in the past have been boring. i could use a good pickling recipe.

i am also thinking of stuffing some with a garlic/anchovy/breadcrumb mix, and some more with prosciutto and provolone, then submerging both kinds in olive oil. i'm not sure how long those can last, though, even refrigerated.

i was thinking of a hot sauce, but i'm also growing ghost chilis so i may wait until the ghosts come to fruition before i attempt that. the hot cherries will hopefully help tone down the sauce to human levels.

the only dish that i have planned for this week is to make pork chops and peppers using a combo of the hot cherries and sweet green bells.

any other ideas will be greatly appreciated. tia. :chef:

Bucky, how about using some of them to make hot pepper jelly. Not sure if there's a recipe per se for that, but you could probably sub them in a jalapeno jelly recipe.

We like our jalapeno jelly pretty warm so I use lots of jalapenos in it. It's great over crackers and poured over cream cheese for crackers, too.

Oh, BOO! Katie stole my idea!

Okay, how about dehydrating them and then grinding them to add to any recipe that needs a boost of heat?

When we went to Little Italy in Philly years ago, we sampled some lovely cherry bombs stuffed with fresh mozzarella in an oil and vinegar marinade with Italian seasoning. I would think you could prep them like you would for stuffed peppers, then add whatever cheese, like bleu, that you want. Perfect little bites!

Small peppers also freeze well, you can seed them or not. Don't even need to blanch.

Last edited:
I core and stuff the little pickled hot cherry peppers with meatloaf/meatball mix and bake them for about 20 minutes. I've never used fresh ones but I bet they would be good. I freeze the leftovers and eventually they get tossed into a pot of sauce.

Be careful handling them and make sure the Chief gets a boring Dad lecture on the fine art of hot pepper picking!

Last edited:
Smoke some "Cherry-Bombs".;) Use your favorite ABT stuffing and use the cherry peppers instead of 1/2 Japs. Wrap in bacon and smokem!

great ideas, everyone. thanks.

i'm about to head out to the garden now to pick a peck of peppers. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom