Okra, shrimp and papaya?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,

As this seems to be the right place, I have a bag of 5 or so of fresh store-bought okras, frozen black tiger shrimp and 1 large papaya. Any ideas on them? I want to use them in the same day and thought about making some faux gumbo but am left with the papaya. I bought it 3 or so days ago and it was fairly ripe then, so I don't want it to rot away without being used. Any ideas?

i would grill the shrimp, and make an okra/papaya salsa to go on top, with a starchy, maybe spicey rice on the side.

Grilling shrimp? Never tried that. The okra/papaya salsa with some spicy rice does sound very nice. Thanks for the idea. I'll try that tonight and see what happens.

Jambalaya with a papaya salad on the side. Or put the jambalaya IN a half-boat of papaya. Ditto a curry served in a half of papaya.

Slice the okra into little rounds, saute with a tablespoon of olive oil, diced onion, finely chopped fresh jalapeno (leave the ribs & seeds if you like it hot), minced garlic. When the okra is almost cooked through add the frozen shrimp, serve over angel hair pasta with a papaya puree. Puree made with the papaya, ginger and green onions, blended until smooth. Pour over the shrimp and pasta.

Totally agree, grilled shrimp is great. I often baste the shrimp with garlic butter for added flavour.

Back
Top Bottom