Organic fig spread Christmas gift. What do I do with it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
How about a thread with some things we got for Christmas and have never used before...inspired by pdswifes' truffle oil...

I received a jar of organic fig spread from Croatia. It did come with a few suggestions, serve with prosciutto and toasted walnuts, and pears and blue cheese. Only problem is I only have the walnuts on hand:LOL:. I am not looking to buy any other ingredients to use this stuff! It looks devine:). But I am looking for ideas a bit more creative than using as toast spread:ohmy:.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mmm, fig spread... delicious!! One suggestion I can make straight off my head, mix the spread with chopped walnuts, put a spoonful at the centre of a small squares puff pastry sheet and fold it over in triangle shape, press the edges with a fork and brush on some beaten egg on the top surface, then bake the triangles according to the instruction on puff pastry. (usually about 10-15min. at 200°C/400F) Very tasty turnover type treat.:)

Thumbprint cookies

Fruit Pizza - spread half the dough with fig spread & the other half with cream cheese or mascarpone. Saute sliced apples in butter with cinnamon & spread over pizza. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.

Baked apples - fill with vanilla ice cream & a few tbls of fig spread on top - add chopped walnuts if you like.

Serve as a side with pork roast.

Topper for French Toast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom