Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
I don't have any barbecue sauce, or any other sauce for that matter, except a bottle of "smoke". I've also got onions, garlic, salt pepper paprika and garlic salt, some tomatoes, and mustard. Oh, and I've got Pork (either in butt or shoulder form, I can't remember) :)

What can I do to get it in tasty pulled pork form via slow cooker?

I don't have any barbecue sauce, or any other sauce for that matter, except a bottle of "smoke". I've also got onions, garlic, salt pepper paprika and garlic salt, some tomatoes, and mustard. Oh, and I've got Pork (either in butt or shoulder form, I can't remember) :)

What can I do to get it in tasty pulled pork form via slow cooker?

Ahem; if I may be so bold; Take that Boston Butt or pork shoulder, slightly season with salt, and a bit of pepper. Heat up a heavy pan until it screams (or water drops dance on it) and put about 2 tbs. oil to cover the pan bottom. Brown all sides of the roast and remove from the heat. Throw that roast into the slow cooker with 1 coarsely chopped large yellow onion, and three cloves minced garlic. Add 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke to 1/2 cup of water, stir, and pour evenly over the roast. Cover and cook overnight, or for about 8 hours on the medium setting of your appliance. Remove from the slow cooker and pull. Place in a suitable serving bowl.

The added flavors are added as condiments when the pulled pork is placed on the buns.

Easy bbq sauce - 12 oz. tomato sauce
2 tbs. Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
1 tbs. granulated onion powder
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the brown sugar is completey disolved. Taste and correct the seasoning until it tastes the way you like it by adding more smoke, brown sugar, or whatever, a little at a time. You can also add a bit of yellow mustard to this mix.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

E

I do deer venison the same way...sometimes after I pull it, I'll put it on the smoker grill and smoke it good for a little bit...makes a great bar-b-que..BH51.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom