Stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
Mom sent home left over cooked stuffing after Christmas how do I make it in to a meal?

I make Stuffin' Muffins too. Just mixed an egg into my leftover stuffing, baked in muffin tin, then froze.

Last edited:
Hi, Kevin. :)

You could put some in the cavity of winter squash (such as an acorn squash) and bake it, mix a little of it with some ground beef for a meat loaf, add some cooked sausage or ground beef and fry up like a hash and top it with a fried egg....lots of possibilities! :yum:

It also freezes pretty well, too. You could portion some in a muffin tin, pop it in the freezer and once they're frozen, put them in a ziplock for little individual frozen muffin cups for another time.

Form stuffing mounds in a bake pan and top each mound with a skillet browned chicken thigh. Brown only the skin side. Bake till chicken is cooked to 170 degrees. You can top with skillet gravy if you wish.
I make extra dressing to freeze every thanksgiving for this dinner. The juices from the thigh make the stuffing taste like it does in a stuffed bird.

Last edited:
Hi, Kevin. :)

You could put some in the cavity of winter squash (such as an acorn squash) and bake it, mix a little of it with some ground beef for a meat loaf, add some cooked sausage or ground beef and fry up like a hash and top it with a fried egg....lots of possibilities! :yum:

It also freezes pretty well, too. You could portion some in a muffin tin, pop it in the freezer and once they're frozen, put them in a ziplock for little individual frozen muffin cups for another time.
I have a buttercup squash I have to use that’d be great. I have a pork roast I thawed out in the oven so I’ll serve it on the side. Awesome idea.

Sounds great with the pork roast! :yum:

You might want to add the stuffing to the squash cavity towards the end of cooking time, so that the stuffing is not dried out before the flesh of the squash is cooked through and tender.

I make Unstuffed poke chops. Either brown the chops and lay them on top of the stuffing or brown some chops and put a scoop of stuffing on top. For the latter, a spoonful of gravy or sauce is pretty much necessary. I like chops well done, but not dry. and way less expensive than cut a pocket in double thick chops, plus you get more stuffing this way.

I make Bread bread sammies. Bread spread w/ a little mayo, some stuffing and a spoonful of cranberries, more bread on top. Hot or cold stuffing, good lunch.

Stuffing casserole. Mix stuffing, some chopped cooked chicken or turkey, some gravy or cream of-- soup. Can add pasta and mix in too, with some leftover or frozen veggies. Stir in some extra herbs and bake.

I make stuffed acorn squash, as above. Meal in itself.

Back
Top Bottom