What can I make with only a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
sweet potato, a yellow onion, granny smith apple, lemon. (i do have spices to add if needed).

show me your stuff dc!

well i wouldn't use the onion. lemon to keep sliced apples from turning brown. bake the sweet potato, scoop out of peel, add very thinly slices apple. put in micro for about five min. mash together. serve as side dish with thanksgiving left overs if you have any. i would add a tsp pumpkin pie spices to dish. got any butter? stir in a bit to make a little creamer. a sweet potato has so much nutrition, it could stand alone.

ok Jessica try this it a deffo winner!

start of by bringing water to a boil, add a clove of garlic ( hoping you have it) ...salt and a bullion cube.....slice sweet potatoes ...add it into the water and cook till " fork tender" ...now, sweat down the onion till brown and add litlle chilli powder and ground tiny bit of ground cinamon ( wait till the raw smeel of spices go away) and after add thinly sliced apple into this...( at the last stage of cooking, the apple should stay crisp! )....now combine the cooked sweet potatoes and onion mixture and mash...check seasoning and finish with a touch of butter :)

serve this with a thick t bone steak ans parsley butter....youd be laughing! :D

ok Jessica try this it a deffo winner!

start of by bringing water to a boil, add a clove of garlic ( hoping you have it) ...salt and a bullion cube.....slice sweet potatoes ...add it into the water and cook till " fork tender" ...now, sweat down the onion till brown and add litlle chilli powder and ground tiny bit of ground cinamon ( wait till the raw smeel of spices go away) and after add thinly sliced apple into this...( at the last stage of cooking, the apple should stay crisp! )....now combine the cooked sweet potatoes and onion mixture and mash...check seasoning and finish with a touch of butter :)

serve this with a thick t bone steak ans parsley butter....youd be laughing! :D

That does sound good.:chef:

Welcome to DC.

I have made twice-baked sweet potatoes mashed with butter and topped with diced apple, cinnamon. The lemon goes without saying...any time I use an apple, I squeeze a little lemon.
Forget the onion, or make some onion rings.

Bake the potato, set aside, and keep oven on. Meanwhile, chop the onion and apple, and saute in a little butter with some salt (pepper, optional). Remove potato pulp and mash it - mix in the onion, apple, a little lemon juice, and some melted butter. Put mixture back into potato skin, then return to oven until heated through.

Well, here I was thinking that I was a Macgyver in the kitchen...I took a look at the ingredients, &, my thought was to throw them all out the kitchen window, & call for take-out!!
You guys rock!

I'd make a curry. Chop them all to a form where they might cook uniformly enough. Stir fry with curry spices (your combo or an off-the-shelf). Add some chicken stock or even water (the curry spices are enough that just water will work). Can be done to either a dry, fork consistency or a soup.

Sweet skewers! I would boil sweet potatoes until soft, then cut into cubes, the same for apples and put on skewers.. then sprinke freshly squeezed lemon juice and a bit of sugar... i'll add eventually some powder cinnamon! ;)...well I can't find a place for onion though ;)

Last edited:
Sweet skewers! I would boil sweet potatoes until soft, then cut into cubes, the same for apples and put on skewers.. then sprinke freshly squeezed lemon juice and a bit of sugar... i'll add eventually some powder cinnamon! ;)...well I can't find a place for onion though ;)

Caramelized onion as a side dish.:chef:

Welcome to DC. I really liked your kabob idea. Now you'll learn, or I will, the technique for caramelizing onions. Can't wait.

thank you! yes I want to learn definitley! now i'm looking up for it in the web

Wow, some awesome ideas here. I was going to suggest sauteed onion and garlic - boil and mash sweet potato transfer to a dish and top with cheese (if you have some) for a delish potato pie yum yum!

Back
Top Bottom