ISO white wine alternative

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenna

Assistant Cook
I had a slow cooker recipe that called for white whine. what a non-alcoholic alternative?

My first thought is... grape juice. My second thought is... I suppose there's such a thing as bottles of non-alcoholic wine?

Grape juice may be too sweet for a savory dish. A broth or even water to make u the missing volume would probably be better.

wow, bunche sof ideas. thanx and yes, I did actually think of white grape juice at first, lol. but I decided for opinions other than my own, lol thanx.

Grape juice may be too sweet. If I was to use it, I'd cut it with some "white balsamic vinegar". And yes, there are several non-alcoholic wines that would probably be better than white grape juice.

I have used half white grape juice and half water when there was no white wine in the house. It works well for most things.

its okay, I got it, chicken broth. thanx for the easy alternative.

You can get non alcoholic wines and beers, I'm not sure what it tastes like. Remember when you cook with wines you burn the alcohol away anyway.

I would say chicken stock with a little lemon juice. It will give flavor but at the same time you will need the acidity that you miss from the wine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom