Potato Flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LisaD

Assistant Cook
I plan on baking yeast rolls for Christmas Dinner. I couldn't find potato starch required in the recipe at the market. Can I substitute potato flakes?:ermm:

I plan on baking yeast rolls for Christmas Dinner. I couldn't find potato starch required in the recipe at the market. Can I substitute potato flakes?:ermm:

Lisa, I have a pain de mie recipe that calls for potato flour. I can't get potato flour in my area and I'd rather not mail order it. One of the staff bakers at King Arthur flour told me I could substitute ground up instant mashed potato flakes. That's what I've been doing. I have an electric coffee grinder I use for other tasks - no coffee grinding - and use that to "whizz" up a good quantity of potato flakes until they resemble flour. Works perfectly. You might try that.

Potato Flour Problem Thank you!

:chef:Thank you, Katie E. The idea of the potato flakes was an inspiration while at the supermarket. I was going to use my processor,but, since I have an extra coffee grinder also, which I've used for spices, I try that. Thanks, again for the tip. Have a Merry Christmas (or Happy Holidays). LisaD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom