Pumpkin Puree Substitute

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassy

Assistant Cook
I have a great recipe for pumpkin bread that calls for pumpkin puree. The problem is that I cannot find pumpkin puree anywhere, not even in the high-end grocery stores. Is there any way I could substitute organic canned pumpkin? What about frozen squash - could that be substituted? Maybe I should just skip it . . .

Um, got a pumpkin? Pretty quick to puree it down. Cut into chunks, zap in microwave, and mash or stab blend. If you want to use the other pumpkin you mentioned, stab that down too or pass thru a sieve. Not familiar with any squash that wasn't baby, but I don't see why you can't. Different flavour is all. Just don't know how it would taste.

I have a great recipe for pumpkin bread that calls for pumpkin puree. The problem is that I cannot find pumpkin puree anywhere, not even in the high-end grocery stores. Is there any way I could substitute organic canned pumpkin? What about frozen squash - could that be substituted? Maybe I should just skip it . . .
:)You must be thinking of canned pumpkin its sold plain or already spiced for pumkin pie.The organic pumpkin is just fine.Its the same thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom