Substitute for 5 eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BellChell1234

Assistant Cook
Hi there!

I'm going to try my hand at cooking sweet roll recipe (it's a copy of the sweet roll from Skyrim for the gamer geeks out there. :D) and the recipe calls for 5 eggs. There are a lot of substitutes out there for one or two eggs, but for five?

Should I just add the eggs, or try to find something else?

Thanks all, for your help!

Hi back at ya

I assume you are baking rather than cooking a sweet roll recipe? When baking I would stick to the recipe. If you didn't have 5ish eggs, I would wait until I did.

Did the recipe say what size of eggs? That seems like a lot of eggs...I use eggs in my sweet dough recipe, but not that many. I'd go buy eggs (or wait for my hens to lay more eggs...).

Thanks, both of you!

Yes, I will be baking this. It's going to be rather large. :)

Both of you said to wait so I'll go ahead and wait, and like CWS4322 said, I'll have to wait for my hens. They're being stingy about the eggs because of the cold, otherwise we'd be getting 10 a day!

Baking is very tricky. It is like a math formula, if you don't follow the recipe, it could go horribly wrong. Do you not want eggs for health reasons or fat content? I say make the first batch exactly as the recipe calls for. After that, then try to experiment. I would use egg whites and some kind of oil, like coconut blended together for a substitution if you want it healthier. 5 egg whites and 5 teaspoons of coconut oil. Mix it together with 1 drop of yellow food coloring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom