What is Apricot Nectar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That might work but there are drinks sold as "nectar" they are usually thicker and sugarier than juice.... look at the aisle with the Goya products if you have them

I used to drink this instead of juice. It can be found in the juice section of any supermarket. It's not thin like orange juice; more like a thin puree. It's used in recipes for cakes, cookies, etc. Click here for more recipes.

The way I understand it is the juice with a lot of pulp in it. tASTE DARN GOOD, i LOVE IT. I BUY IT(oops) in the juice section.

The canned products labeled "nectar" are indeed a sugary syrup with pureed pulp. They have a significant amount of fruit pulp that is blended into a very smooth consistancy. The texture is not unlike the jared fruit baby food, but a pinch thinner so that it can be poured. The flavor is also similar.

Flavors I have seen include strawbery, guava, peach, apricot, and papaya. There are probably others as well. You can obviously make your own by puting skinless fruit into a blender, or food processor and processing until silky smooth. Then add simple syrup and water to get the consistancy and sweetness you desire.

Personally, they are too sugary for me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom