Egg safety - is my mixture okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackattack1

Assistant Cook
Hiya'.....I put two raw eggs in my ricotta 3 days ago with parm reggiano, romano, and parsley....I'm all good with that, right?....to mix in some flour and sauted' chopped spinach and garlic and make ricotta spinach gnocci? I guess what I'm asking is..the eggs are okay? I'd imagine they are. (laffin)...and I had a food safety and sanitation certificate 5 yrs ago. Still haven't made the pretzel bread but slow cooked a 10# Boston Butt in my new Old Smokey Electric smoker....Turned out mind blowingly delicious. German potato salad today...I'll post the recipe. I think it's pretty much dead on. My "taster," Jim, this 75 year old guy I've known for 30 years makes requests for certain dishes and drops off produce from farmers markets and meat and whatever and I get to cook. I love that. Really gets me engulfed in the joy of cooking. I'll post some pics. I hope I'm not annoying. (laffs)...J

You didn't leave the egg mix in the back of the car or on the counter, did you? As long as it was refrigerated, I think it is ok, but I would use it ASAP--time is not improving it.

You didn't leave the egg mix in the back of the car or on the counter, did you? As long as it was refrigerated, I think it is ok, but I would use it ASAP--time is not improving it.

The ricotta and eggs were mixed right out of the fridge and went back in like 10 minutes later, so the mixture was chilled the entire time. I'm going to make the gnocci this afternoon. Thanks for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom