How does cooked pasta freeze/thaw?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freefallin1309

Senior Cook
I have a question, I've made a dish with elbow macaroni's for us and another couple that was joining us that had to beg off for a family emergency. We had two covered dishes prepared to go into the oven and since it was only us, we only baked one and put the other in the fridge. The macaroni is cooked, as is everything else in the dish ... it only had to bake long enough to heat all the way through and melt the cheese on top.

Has anyone else had any experience with freezing and thawing cooked pasta?

I often freeze baked lasagna, ziti, etc., in individual well-wrapped single-serving portions. Each portion is wrapped snugly in cling-film & then all the portions are placed in ziploc bags in the freezer. I just take out what I want, run each portion briefly under hot running water just so I can remove the wrapping, & then both defrost & reheat the portions in the microwave. Works great & you'd never know they'd been frozen.

My only suggestion might be to first bake the dish you want to freeze first if you want to freeze portion sizes. If not, you can probably just freeze it as is.

Nothing much new to say, do it often. After nuking, sometimes I sprinkle some good cheese on the top and run under the broiler until browned. As long as you don't over-boil the pasta to begin with, no one will even know you froze it. A fresh green salad, and you're in business.

My spaghetti taste better after it has been frozen a week or two, thawed out and reheated in the Microwave. Add fresh Parmesan cheese.

We also like to serve it with frozen cut corn.

I have kept some vacuumed packed 4 - 6 months with the same results .

Freeze it before or after you bake it. It doesn't matter. If you are going to microwave it out of the freezer, cook it before freezing. If you're going to bake it in the oven, freeze it without baking.

Take the cover off the dish, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer until you need it.

Hi...
So you are looking for nice pastas.Don't worry about it.There are so much information of cooking is available on internet.Well there are also so many tips and methods available there.As my point of view you can also take help from some nice cooking book.Thank you for sharing the post...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom