How to treat a cut finger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the website is wastesomecash.com

Attachments

• sushi.gif
    sushi.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 88
Next time Spork...pour some coal oil out of one of the lambs on the cut...drench it really, really good....Tie a rag around it and you'll be fine in no time flat!

Luck!

*SWOONS*

I get some pretty nasty papercuts at work and have always relied on superglue, but.....this may change soon. =^^=

I know! I'm looking for some Kuromi band aids...Choco Cat. I'd be freaked if I found FMA or Inuyasha.

Cold tap water, NOT ice.

I once burned my arm badly when taking off a radiator cap. The boiling water shot up my coat sleeve, all the way to my armpit and down my left side.

It was a really serious burn. When I got to the Emergency Room, they put my entire arm and left side into a tub of ice water for an hour. The ice water hurt worse than the burn, but when they took me out of the water, all traces of the burn had literally disappeared.

I was astounded! The burn was actually gone without a trace!

I think this works only if the burn is treated very soon after the injury. Mine was treated about 30 minutes after the injury.

never open a tube of super glue with a stuck cap by biting down on the cap and turning the tube.

you end up picking chunks of glue out of your teeth for weeks. :(

I once burned my arm badly when taking off a radiator cap. The boiling water shot up my coat sleeve, all the way to my armpit and down my left side.

It was a really serious burn. When I got to the Emergency Room, they put my entire arm and left side into a tub of ice water for an hour. The ice water hurt worse than the burn, but when they took me out of the water, all traces of the burn had literally disappeared.

I think this works only if the burn is treated very soon after the injury. Mine was treated about 30 minutes after the injury.

I've found that to be true as well. Even after you pull away from the source of heat that burned you, there is residual heat in your flesh that continues to burn (like resting your roast for 10 minutes before slicing). If I burn my self in the kitchen, I grab an ice cube or two and press it onto the burn area immediately to mitigate the severity of the burn.

I am a bit surprised that the ice will work after 30 minutes. That's good to know.

The reason I say NO ICE is because non-medical people have given themselves frostbite and lost a finger because of it. What happens in the hospital is being monitored by medical personnel. How many people remember that is was iced water in a trauma situation and not just ice and how long they were immersed?

I am very careful of sticking within the guidelines of what the emergency first aid guides say for lay people to do. I'm more apt to say go to the ER than give a definitive answer. Besides, I'm only licensed in the state of Montana to practice nursing.

The reason I say NO ICE is because non-medical people have given themselves frostbite and lost a finger because of it. What happens in the hospital is being monitored by medical personnel. How many people remember that is was iced water in a trauma situation and not just ice and how long they were immersed?

I am very careful of sticking within the guidelines of what the emergency first aid guides say for lay people to do. I'm more apt to say go to the ER than give a definitive answer. Besides, I'm only licensed in the state of Montana to practice nursing.

I think any severe burn should go to the hospital right away if at all possible. It's the type of injury that shouldn't be treated at home, even if it's a small area. Too many risks.

Quickly putting it in ice water or wrapped in a ice-water soaked towel while being transported to the ER is a good idea as long as the person doesn't live 2 hours from the hospital.

I agree with you PF...never put plain ice against a burn. It will immediately stick to the burned area and cause more problems than it helps. Ripping of the skin, frostbite...

The wound should be made cold, but not frozen. The point being to stop the cell damage, not to create more.

Back
Top Bottom