I left my pork roast out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stacey01

Assistant Cook
I left a frozen pork roast in my car overnight and when I discovered it the next morning, it was still frozen. I immediatley put it in the refrigerator (yesterday morning), and then I put it to cook in my crock pot this morning. However I am now second guessing myself. My husband says it's fine, but I want other opinions to consider.

I'd say if the roast was still frozen it's good to go ahead and use. If it had gotten warm or up to ambient temps above 40° then I'd have second thoughts.

I agree with the others that since it was still frozen, it's fine. But, I think you are wise to cook it right away.

I just did the same thing! Left my frozen pork roast out - on top of the deep freeze- uugh. It is not frozen any longer, but is cold to the touch...no crystals left so completely in thawed....thinking I have to throw out? Do I?

Get that roast in the oven or slow cooker as soon as possible. You should be fine.

For many years our ancestors thawed stuff on the counter (if they had one). Of course, that was when the life expectancy was 45 years.

Welcome to DC!

Last edited:
Get that roast in the oven or slow cooker as soon as possible. You should be fine.

For many years our ancestors thawed stuff on the counter (if they had one). Of course, that was when the life expectancy was 45 years.

Welcome to DC!

You mean you never thaw things on the counter? I took out some chicken breasts too late today to thaw in the fridge. They are on the counter. I think we will live. Not promoting it, but just saying............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom