Is a Crock Pot oven-safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
Ok, so I need to prepare a casserole for tomorrow, and I realized I'm missing a casserole dish. Can I use the pot that comes in my "West End Crockery" slow cooker? I'm just not sure if that material is designed to handle temperatures of 350 or so.

I believe a removeable slow cooker crock would be safe in the oven. Have you checked your owners manual?

I believe a removeable slow cooker crock would be safe in the oven. Have you checked your owners manual?

Don't have it...:neutral: When I bought it, I figured, "Why would I ever need a manual to tell me how to work a slow cooker?" ...LOL

The crock itself may be safe, but the lid may not be. What company makes yours? I bet they have an 800 number you could call to ask.

The crock itself may be safe, but the lid may not be. What company makes yours? I bet they have an 800 number you could call to ask.

It's called "West End Crockery"

Humm ... the only reference to "West End Crockery" I could find anywhere is an Import/Export Wholesaler and Discount store in South Africa (and that site does have a glitch). Now, if perhaps your slow cooker is "West Bend Crockery" - you might be able to find the manuals on West Bend's Slow Cookers & Crockery Cookers page.

Last edited:
The low setting on a crockpot is about 200 degrees, and the high setting is about 300 degrees. I am going to guess that the crock was not manufactured to withstand more than 50 degrees over 300. (please understand this is a guess)

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom