USA.gov Food Safety Quiz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didnt get more then 80%, well my daughter "helped" answer one question and I had to think, re think twice since we handle eggs and poultry differently here to USA.

I scored 90% BUT that's because I answered a question incorrectly on purpose. I KNOW that food needs to be refrigerated within two hours, but I picked the answer "well, it depends on the kind of food". I've found that sometimes these quizzes have a lot of wiggle room. This one appears to not wiggle one bit. ;)

I scored 90% BUT that's because I answered a question incorrectly on purpose. I KNOW that food needs to be refrigerated within two hours, but I picked the answer "well, it depends on the kind of food". I've found that sometimes these quizzes have a lot of wiggle room. This one appears to not wiggle one bit. ;)

I missed this question and the answer they give as correct is wrong. The answer you and I gave is correct. Do you stick all your baked goods in the fridge?

I missed this question and the answer they give as correct is wrong. The answer you and I gave is correct. Do you stick all your baked goods in the fridge?

I got 100% b,ecause I know what they meant.

But as the question was worded the correct answer is that it depends on the type of food

One wrong here. Missed the two turkey question. I wouldn't be able to get two turkeys in my oven.

Last edited:
Link wouldn't open for me. :(

But I'm sure I'd have gotten 100% :bb:

And I'll have to agree with Cooking Goddess, Craig C, and jennyema.

Even without seeing the questions almost every test has questions that are open to interpretation.

I missed only the question about cooking two turkeys in the oven. I figured that in my oven, I couldn't fit two 22 - 24 lb turkeys. I also assume that most people's ovens weren't much larger than mine. So, I said no.

Now in the right cooking machines, of course you can cook multiple turkeys.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

One of the questions is how long can you keep leftovers. Leftover what? Raw carrot sticks?

I know what they are driving at, but it also encourages throwing away a lot of perfectly good food. Best by date?

Taking tests is an art, you need to understand what the test giver is expecting and provide them the response they want. I don't always agree with what .gov says, but I know their guidelines and expectations.

I think the real test is, how many of you have made yourself sick by your own cooking?

Never, not once.

My nose can pick out the tiniest bit of smell when food has turned.

In younger days, I thought I could cook something that was slightly questionable, but that stink never went away no matter how much I tried to cover it up, so it was tossed.

Anyway, I got 'em all, guessing right on the turkey and refrigeration questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom