Left Over Sunday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amnesia180

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

After following advice from here, I used the carcass from last weeks Sunday dinner to make a lovely chicken stock which made a beautiful gravy to accompany todays meal.

However, today I have left the chicken carcass with some chicken, broccoli, parsnips, some potatoe etc, etc.

I have a pressure cooker, but don't know what to do with everything. I'm assuming it's going to be a type of stew etc.

The gravy is very nice so would like to use that if I could!

Many thanks :)
Amnesia

Mash the veg and season hard, add eggs to bind and fold in chopped chicken, shape balls and leave in the fridge to set up, flour then egg wash then crumb, deep fry and serve with the gravy, put the carcass in the freezer till you need it.:)

Thanks for both of the replies. I really like the pie idea.
The carcass and veg and gravy are all siting inside the oven (not on, obviously) so they haven't been back in the frigde yet since yesterday afternoon.

I have a roll of frozen pastry.

How would I go about actually making the pie? Would I need a pastry base, or just make a lid for it and make it in individual pots or something?

Also, could I then refreeze the pie?

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't know what I am doing :)

Thank you!

The carcass and veg and gravy are all siting inside the oven (not on, obviously) so they haven't been back in the frigde yet since yesterday afternoon.

If it's frozen pie pastry it's usually not enough for a base and top. Just make one large pie with pastry lid. If the pastry is enough make a base and top.
You can freeze it but I wouldn't freeze leftovers again if it's been sitting in the oven. Rather just bake your pie, eat what you can and toss the rest.
Heating and chilling over and over is looking for trouble.
I never freeze anything after it has been frozen before, especially chicken and pork with bones.

Thank you!
:)

How would I go about actually making the pie? Would I need a pastry base, or just make a lid for it and make it in individual pots or something?

Also, could I then refreeze the pie?

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't know what I am doing :)

Thank you!

Whatever gave you the idea you could store the food in the oven since yesterday afternoon??
You need to throw everything out!! It is not safe to eat.

OMG! Good catch, Kayelle! Yes, please don't eat this! Salmonela, botulism, etc!

Yes, I've realised my mistake. What an idiot.
It's all in the bin now... but I've learnt for next time :)

Back
Top Bottom