Cardamom recipes wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use cardamom all the time almost daily in my food.
Yesterday in my rice I had cardamom, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, black mustard seeds, and bay leaf and ghee (butter) and it Amazing!

I also make tea with it. I put ginger, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon all whole and black tea and water with some milk or tb of cream.

I am like obsessed with cardamom so if you need any recipes or ideas let me know.

Thanks, do you have any recipies for cookies\muffins using cardamom?

Here's a recipe for walnut cake that uses cardamom:

Walnut Cake

6 Ea Eggs, @ room temp. separated
1 C Sugar
½ C Flour
1½ tsp Cardamom
1½ tsp Nutmeg
1½ C Ground Walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Grease and flour a 9” spring form pan.

Beat the egg yolks and sugar until they are lighter in color and creamy.

Mix in the flour and spices.

Mix in the walnuts.

Whip the egg yolks into stiff peaks and fold into the mixture.

Transfer into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Cool on a rack.

Serve with mixed berries or top with powdered sugar.

Store covered for a week or freeze.

Baked Apples & Baked Pears, Flan & Vanilla Mousse

Desserts in which vanilla is an ingredient pair very aromatically ... Also can enrich a flan caramel custard and baked fruits ... Indian people have a real penchant for this herb, cardamom ...

Margi.

Since Purim is tomorrow! YAY! It is Hamantashen time! So it usually consists of a simple dough and then you go nuts with the fillings, chocolate, poppy, apricot, prune, etc. And my personal fav is a mixture of ground walnuts, dates, cardamon, and sugar (sorry I do not have exact measurements but its pretty much to taste). Anyway Here is a recipe for the dough (the dough recipes are pretty much all the same so I just picked one - The Perfect Hamantaschen - NYTimes.com But you can google for a dough recipe of your liking

But its the filling that you can experiment with. Date/walnut/cardamom is very traditional. Happy Purim!

Indian Roast Lamb

I have found a recipe though I haven´t tried it ... yet ...

The 4 cardomam pods are opened along with nutmeg, cinammon, cilantro, garlic, ghee, blk pepper, cayenne, paprika, cumin and a rub is created for the lamb prior to roasting ... the lamb has a drizzle of lemon juice ( 1 tblsp prior to spice rub ) and it is roasted for 50 mins - 1 hr. Lamb is cooked in own juices, with bay leaf a little water, and a head of garlic in slits in the roast.

Sounds good ...

MC

Here's a recipe for walnut cake that uses cardamom:

Walnut Cake

6 Ea Eggs, @ room temp. separated
1 C Sugar
½ C Flour
1½ tsp Cardamom
1½ tsp Nutmeg
1½ C Ground Walnuts

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Grease and flour a 9” spring form pan.

Beat the egg yolks and sugar until they are lighter in color and creamy.

Mix in the flour and spices.

Mix in the walnuts.

Whip the egg yolks into stiff peaks and fold into the mixture.

Transfer into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.

Cool on a rack.

Serve with mixed berries or top with powdered sugar.

Store covered for a week or freeze.

I am going to make this tomorrow!! Thank you

Siegal said:
Since Purim is tomorrow! YAY! It is Hamantashen time! So it usually consists of a simple dough and then you go nuts with the fillings, chocolate, poppy, apricot, prune, etc. And my personal fav is a mixture of ground walnuts, dates, cardamon, and sugar (sorry I do not have exact measurements but its pretty much to taste). Anyway Here is a recipe for the dough (the dough recipes are pretty much all the same so I just picked one - The Perfect Hamantaschen - NYTimes.com But you can google for a dough recipe of your liking

But its the filling that you can experiment with. Date/walnut/cardamom is very traditional. Happy Purim!

Oooh, I haven't made hamantaschen in a while. I was introduced to these as a teen when I had an assignment for a church activity to research recipes from the middle east. We were supposed to make our recipe and bring it to an activity for everyone to try. Found a recipe online and dad helped me make it. They became a favorite of mine.

Back
Top Bottom