Confused at the use of infused vinegars...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cook_19981

Senior Cook
The restaurant I work for has a few, and have given me free reign to play. Am I condemned to salad dressing? I appreciate all of your help. You are all rockstars in your own right...

Not at all. You can use them for flavouring on grilled meats, make fresh pickles to accompany meals, you can even add infused vinegar to baked goods, use them in marinades and make chutneys.

I've never really used infused vinegar. Unless you consider most hot sauces to be infused vinegars.:ohmy: Then I have used gallons of the stuff!:LOL:

What are they infused with?

Usually hot chili pepper mash, onion, garlic and spices. Some use fresh chili with out the fermentation process and I believe some are even made from various dried chili powders.

Usually hot chili pepper mash, onion, garlic and spices. Some use fresh chili with out the fermentation process and I believe some are even made from various dried chili powders.

Thanks Craig, I know that. Wanted the exact infusions so I can suggest suitable recipes :)

Since I grow a lot of stuff in my garden I have infused both vodka and vinegar with (together and in combo):

Basil
Mint
Rosemary
Thyme
Garlic
Lemon
Lemongrass
kafir Lime leaves
Lime
Habernaro
Scotch Bonnet
Tomato