Favorite spice or herb?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it's a mineral. It's the only rock people eat ;)
Well, unless you forget to sort through your bag of beans before using them...

Himself asked me one time why I bother doing that. A minute later, I was able to produce not only a tiny stone (that would have felt like a boulder had he bitten into it) but a teeny bit of a soil clump. So nice of those beans to provide a visual. :)

Well, unless you forget to sort through your bag of beans before using them...

Himself asked me one time why I bother doing that. A minute later, I was able to produce not only a tiny stone (that would have felt like a boulder had he bitten into it) but a teeny bit of a soil clump. So nice of those beans to provide a visual. :)

All riiiiiight. It's the only rock people eat *deliberately* ;)

No, it's a mineral. It's the only rock people eat ;)

I knew I should have taken that geology class.:rolleyes:

OK, then, I will put my vote in for parsley, which I throw into everything, even over scrambled eggs. Basil would run a close second.

Actually, dried chives would be my favorite because I'd put it in everything over parsley, but have you seen the prices on dried chives?:wacko:

rr, I don't know what the price is at the grocery store. When I start running low, I try to find a way to either get to Penzeys or look for free shipping no matter how small the order. I get them by the bag - $4.29 for a 3/4 cup bag. And that bag lasts me a goodly amount of time.

Penzeys Chives

I admit to being particularly fond of rosemary and thyme. I have a rosemary shrub in the window behind me here in my study that I nurse through the winter until I can put it back out on the front porch for the summer. I have a basil plant there too, so I get a couple of fresh herbs year round.

As a gardener I'm more akin to the Grim Reaper, but these I seem to be able to grow without killing them. :huh:

I like each of my fresh herbs as I brush by them while weeding. In the garden, I have parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme (hummed to the tune from Scarborough Fair), as well as bay laurel, lemon balm and mint. My chives died last year, so I'll replace them when I get my annual basil. I'm going to get some cilantro and dill tomorrow. I love spring!

I like each of my fresh herbs as I brush by them while weeding. In the garden, I have parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme (hummed to the tune from Scarborough Fair), as well as bay laurel, lemon balm and mint. My chives died last year, so I'll replace them when I get my annual basil. I'm going to get some cilantro and dill tomorrow. I love spring!

Humbug! We're due for a snow storm overnight into Monday.

Basil, for sure!! No matter the size of my spice collection, I almost always reach for the basil to start with. Garlic would definitely be a close second though. They both go with pretty much everything! :yum:

Back
Top Bottom