Herbs & spices in puds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put Chinese 5 spice mix in cakes, cookies... Sometimes, I make shortcake, and sprinkle it on top with some sugar before baking. :yum:

I also put Himalayan salt crystals in shortcake. Somehow, they taste great with the sugar, butter etc, if you dont overdo it by putting too many in. :) Himalayan salt crystals taste great with bread too. I sprinkle them on the dough, after the bread has risen, and just before baking.

Lime basil sorbet is one of my favorite desserts. Balsamic vinegar on ice cream and black pepper on strawberries are also good combinations.
I did strawberries with balsamic vinegar and black pepper as the fruit component of my breakfast this morning. I have champagne vinegar at the house in the City...thinking that and the black pepper on strawberries would be very tasty (I lived the vinegar on the berries and the black pepper).

Oh! I love strawberries with fresh ground black pepper! Different taste all together and it's great!

Oh I am so glad to know that I am not crazy for putting black pepper on fruit......I often put salt and pepper on cantaloupe. It's my favorite way to eat it! Going to have to try it on strawberries now, should have some ripe in a couple of days ermm, if we ever get any sunshine.

Oh I am so glad to know that I am not crazy for putting black pepper on fruit......I often put salt and pepper on cantaloupe. It's my favorite way to eat it! Going to have to try it on strawberries now, should have some ripe in a couple of days ermm, if we ever get any sunshine.
I like to add grated lime zest and freshly ground black pepper on Greek yogurt (plain) and on top of buttermilk (which I like to drink).

has anyone mentioned candied fennel seeds? i love them after a good indian meal. like teeny little good-n-plenty, but with fennel instead of licorice inside.

and speaking of sweet herbs, what about chervil? i've taught the neighbourhood kids that it's a candy herb.

has anyone mentioned candied fennel seeds? i love them after a good indian meal. like teeny little good-n-plenty, but with fennel instead of licorice inside.

and speaking of sweet herbs, what about chervil? i've taught the neighbourhood kids that it's a candy herb.
how's about candied angelica root/stems:yum:!mum had a "baking tin" that she kept her dried & candied fruit in.took her a little while to twig why the angelica kept disappearing:ohmy::ermm:!

Back
Top Bottom