ISO Tomato Powder Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I just got some Tomato Powder, planning to use it in sauces, soup, whatever else might taste good with a boost of tomato flavor. Any ideas what else to use it for ?

I tried the tomato powder this morning. I sprinkled some to red bliss potatoes that I was cooking as home fries. I also added some dried shallot and onion powder to the fries. It turned out delicious.

Last edited:
Hmm, never heard of it. How about sprinkling it in some garlic oil with dried herbs for bread dipping? I'd probably put it on my pizza, too!

Keep us updated on what you use it for.

PS pretty kitty

I love tomatoes in my scrambled eggs...maybe a little of this powder to add a little bit more tomato taste?

Can you mix the tomato powder with water to make paste ?
How about mixing it with some bread dough to make tomato flavored bread..
or mix it with some cream cheese to make a spread

Can you mix the tomato powder with water to make paste ?
How about mixing it with some bread dough to make tomato flavored bread..
or mix it with some cream cheese to make a spread
I am planning to try it with my bread dough , right now it is proofing, after it proofs I will add some of the powder before baking it.

Hmm, never heard of it. How about sprinkling it in some garlic oil with dried herbs for bread dipping? I'd probably put it on my pizza, too!

Keep us updated on what you use it for.

PS pretty kitty

I got it here Tomato Powder

thanks for the compliment on my cat Snowy. He is a sweetheart.

I'd sprinkle it inside my shoes to give my feet a tomato-like fragrance at the end of the day. Beats the parmigiano reggiano fragrance they get now.

Many of my ripe tomatoes get sliced and placed in my dehydrator. It gives me sun-dried tomatoes, a nice chip snack, or I grind into a powder. I've never compared the powder to the commercial version.

I bought some at the Spice House last weekend and it's really fantastic.

Such a deep tomato flavor.

I made salad dressing with it and it was delish. Can't wait to experiment with it!

I`v been using it for years here, it goes well in Bread dough, and also with onion/garlic powder and salt in a bag to shake home made natchos or tortila chips in whilst their still warm.
great on potato wedges as the shake mix too.

I just got some Tomato Powder, planning to use it in sauces, soup, whatever else might taste good with a boost of tomato flavor. Any ideas what else to use it for ?

I tried the tomato powder this morning. I sprinkled some to red bliss potatoes that I was cooking as home fries. I also added some dried shallot and onion powder to the fries. It turned out delicious.
I make this powder myself. Whenever I blanch and peel tomatoes, I save the skins and put then in a dehumidifiar or smoke them on my BBQ. Then I run them through my spice grinder (an older coffee grinder).

This powder is quite bitter, which is one of the reasons I think many recipies called for skinless tomatoes. I use them on many salads and side dishes for variety in flavoring.

I like this spice, if it can be called that. Yes, the smoked ones are really wonderful.:chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom