Need help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, so i "think" we have the salt figured out at 55mg

so now i have to do the "added sugar" part..

same as before:
Batch size (8.72 bottles) has 1cup of light brown sugar.. which i'm going to say is 220 grams

Last edited:
I believe you have to do the sugars part not just the added sugars.
BUT...
The added sugar = 220 grams.

The 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that Americans consume less than 2,300 milligrams (mg) of sodium per day as part of a healthy eating pattern.

Sugar doesn't have a 'daily value', but added sugar does have a 'daily value'. Let's come back to that in the morning.

Back to sodium, (54.8 mg/2300 mg) then multiplied by 100=2.38%
For sodium, then, 2.38% of the daily value.
50 grams per day

The Daily Value for added sugars is 50 grams per day based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet. For most Americans, the main sources of added sugars are sugar-sweetened beverages, baked goods, desserts, and sweets.

Take the 220 grams
Divide it by the number of servings in the whole batch.

Take that number.
Divide it by 50 grams (the daily value of added sugar).
Multiply by 100 for the percentage.
That is your answer for added sugar % per serving.

Last edited:
nut1.png

nut2.png

i don't see how there is natural sugars.. i am adding them.. so i would believe i only have to enter the added.. i just need the grams per serving like we did with the salt.. the site generates the % automatically as you can see

Last edited:
I don't think the serving size of 1/4 tsp is only .01 grams. If that were the case, the entire container would hold 1.2 grams. I think the decimal is in the wrong place.

I don't think the serving size of 1/4 tsp is only .01 grams. If that were the case, the entire container would hold 1.2 grams. I think the decimal is in the wrong place.

I'm not sure if this is right but I have the serving size in grams at 0.708.

741 grams in batch/8.72 bottles/120 servings per bottle is 0.708 grams per serving.

i don't see how there is natural sugars.. i am adding them.. so i would believe i only have to enter the added.. i just need the grams per serving like we did with the salt.. the site generates the % automatically as you can see

Almost everything you eat has natural sugars.

As an example that takes about 5 minutes to figure out with cronometer.com

If your 377 grams of spices were (they're not but if they were):
100 g hot peppers
200 g sweet paprika
77 g of cumin

Plugging in those things in those amounts will give you 66.1 grams of sugar /batch.
Chances are with rounding, it will be zero but that should be checked.

as mentioned way earlier.. i can't do the "gram" part after the 1/4 tsp up there until i get my new gram scale.. that part doesn't bother me.. cause we all know we are basing all this on 120 servings at a 1/4 tsp - my spice is a light powder so my current scale doesn't tell me the exact grams.. so i just put that there as an example

bucky, lol, I ordered the Royal Copenhagen. It smells like black swede or stetson to the bliss family.

In second grade my brother in first grade needed help on his math. So my mom told me to help him. He said I should just do it. So I signed it and did all the problems. Somehow I got in trouble for that. lol

Yes, bliss, like Stetson. I'd forgotten about that one. My dad loved it as well, being a boy raised in Ireland that dreamt of being a cowboy when he moved to America, only to settle in NYC.

And for your brother, well; he had a great sister, about equal in totality to the 4 sisters that I have. They never helped me with anything.

SO I tortured them in front of their new boyfriends at every chance.

Ok, so to bring this back, we were talking about tiny bits of things that each of us must weigh and measure on our own. Ask for help when needed, but strike out and make our mark on the world. Or a bottle of sorts.

Last edited:
added sugar: 0.42% or 220 grams/1046 servings=0.21 grams

Raffsta, That's your % value and gram value for added sugar.

what numbers should i plug in? do i plugin 0.21 in added sugars?

open image in new tab
nut1.png

i thought the numbers would change in either the grams or %..

Last edited:
1. I would plug in 0.21 g in the 'added sugars'.
BUT if it rounds down, then it may go to zero anyways.

2. I would plug in the amount of natural sugars in 'sugars'.
But you aren't doing that.....

3. I would plug in 0.71 g as 'serving size'
I don't know why it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom