Powdered Blue Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I received a sample of powdered blue cheese the last time I ordered spices from SpiceSage. Do you have any recipes or ideas to experiment with?

How does it taste? That would be the first thing I would determine before I thought of a way to try and use it. If it has any type of funky/artificial taste, it is headed for the garbage.

We used to sell a powdered blue cheese product that you would mix with to make a dip or dressing. It never sold very well. I remember throwing the last few in the garbage after the best before date expired.

I tasted it. It tastes like blue cheese, just powdery. My neighbor suggested adding it to breading for Buffalo wings, only I don't usually bread them.

sprinkle it on popcorn, mix it with breadcrumbs and use it on chicken, add some to the next macaroni and cheese you make.

There's a method of putting soda crackers in a plastic bag, sprinkling the "seasoning" in, pouring a some oil, maybe 1/4 cup for a tube of crackers. Then gently rolling the crackers around in the mix every hour or so until all are coated, allow the flavors to mellow and you are supposed to have seasoned crackers. I tried it with powdered cheddar and powdered ranch dressing and it make an OK snack cracker but batch was enough for my family. I might try it again if I can find the directions.

Back
Top Bottom