Does anyone love roses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roses are, hands down, my favorite flowers. And I love the white ones best of all. :)

The Brooklyn Botanic Garden has a spectacular Rose Garden that goes wild every June. If you love roses, you really must see it at least once.

This year one of the board members of my condo pulled up all the ugly bushes in our front yard, and planted a really attractive arrangement of green plants and flowers, including a whole row of rose bushes on each side. So now I get to enjoy our own roses every day. It really does help the world to be a better place. :D

I love roses. Not so much growing them, as much as buying them, for my wife, and to gfs' before her and simply to have them in the house.

There was this funny story back in Russia. Usually a groom would come to pick up the bride before getting married with a bucket of flowers. Most of the time, the pictures were taken afterwards, bride would have his bucket of flowers. Well, I was really bad. I knew this lady she was growing most unbelievable roses I have ever seen in my life. If I went to a wedding I would always go to her and pick up the absolutely most beautiful bucket she had. And she had some really amazing roses, oh I guess I already said that, but really, you would not believe what beautiful roses she had. All the brides would take pictures with my flowers instead of their grooms. All the grooms, most of whom, of course, were my friends were super mad and kept promising to beat me up. Good thing I escaped to America. :LOL:

Oh no!!!

I had to go again to Walmart today, and I came home with 4 huge potted Knockout roses for $6 each marked down from $17.

As Walmart clearances out the rest of the big potted Knockout roses, I expect to be bringing more home.

Why do you ask? Because I am going to plant them along the driveway and front entrance stairway as a border.

I guess I just can't have enough roses.................

Roses

Love them all together and don't care what color. Find that they love bone meal. Also I live in the New england and the best smell is in the spring of wild roses
:)

I am so proud of myself, I am breaking my hand patting myself on the back!

I have resisted the pressure of having Walmart's carpet roses marked down from $12 each to $5 each! And I could have bought 20 of them! I have withstood the pressure to buy for almost 3 whole weeks.

I bumped up this thread to show the rose garden this year.

img_1135466_0_6b9cb78b065ef03d500cc81c73586242.jpg

img_1135466_1_ad148d6efcfdae01e2e3fae6ed48e235.jpg

second only to my beloved orchids! took these pics last year when i was looking after the garden for bolas while he & madge were in croatia/serbia
the grubby hand is mine!!
harry

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 187
I love roses. There is a rose garden at work with a couple of benches and a night light. It's nice they let us sit there (on our time off) at night. I can sit and read and enjoy the fragrance.

I always enjoy a nice piece of cake with caramelized rose leaves on the top ... :) i have several roses in my garden and i really enjoy the arom when i sit there.

I use their leaves to caramelise them , to prepare a jam or to just make my rose vinegar

I love roses. There is a rose garden at work with a couple of benches and a night light. It's nice they let us sit there (on our time off) at night. I can sit and read and enjoy the fragrance.
i asked my boss for one at work,claiming it was in my contract.he replied:
" i beg your pardon,i never promised you a rose garden..........:wacko:!"
harry

Floral Fragrance & Miracle Visuals

:) Lovely and soothe-ing post ...

Though generally, I appreciate beauty and thus, truly enjoy the miracle of the visuals of flower species, and their special floral fragrances, I am not a grower, as I am a city urban dweller.

I appreciate, when The Vet, brings home some flowers, however, though Red Roses are beautiful, I prefer the silvery mauve dusty rose variety called Sterling Roses ...

I buy myself 5 Sunflowers which possess a height of almost 5 feet plus ... They are stunning ... I always have them, on my desk ...

I also have a deep appreciation for Peonies ... They are the Chinese Lucky Flower ... as well as Blue flowers ...

Have a nice Sunday,
Margi.

i asked my boss for one at work,claiming it was in my contract.he replied:
" i beg your pardon,i never promised you a rose garden..........:wacko:!"
harry

"Along with the sunshine, There's gotta be a little rain sometimes"

in other words...No way, Jose! Rough boss...:stuart:

My mother used to make wonderful "Rose Hip Jam" from the large rose hips of her Rosa Rugosa hedge, & one year I made "Rose Petal Jam" from some unidentified old rose in her herb garden. Other than that, roses being "deer candy" have kept me from growing many except for a few I inherited when we bought our current place.

Unfortunately, just this past week we discovered dozens of wild Multiflora roses on our property exhibiting strong & unmistakeable symptoms of the dreaded "Rose Rosette" disease. Anyone here who's seriously into roses knows what I'm talking about. There's no cure & no prevention. Once you've got it, any roses on your property are goners, plain & simple. Sigh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom