Gardening DownUnder - Tis Spring in Oz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kylie1969 said:
I should upload some photos of our entire garden to show you guys :)

Thanks. That would be great. Would live to see your entire garden. Mine got snowed on again and frozen. All done for this season. :(

The veggies are growing...we have some tiny, tiny chillies showing, the tomatoes are getting a fraction bigger, but of course still green, the strawberries are flowering and so are the capsicums...oh and the herbs and lettuce are getting bigger too :)

I will go and take a photo now :)

Thanks guys :)

It is quite dinky :)

I will certainly take some more photos as they all grow, there has not been a great deal of change yet, but it is getting there

I should upload some photos of our entire garden to show you guys :)
Kylie keep an eye on the peppers (chilli's) they tend to sprawl. that parsley will bolt toward the end of summer. enjoy it now chop some and freeze it.
kades

Kylie, I love the planter. Folks, you can do the same. Go to garage sales and look for those ye olde glavanized tubs that your grandmother used to do her laundry in. Punch a few holes with a large nail in the bottom, cover with rocks and add your soil. If you are handy with crafts, you can paint the outside of the tub and even paint pics of the veggies. Here in the city, a lot of folks go to restaurants and get the five gallon white buckets that they get their pickles in and other foods. Do the same thing. Punch holes in the bottom, place more rocks, etc.

I am looking forward to the pics. We can all look with envy while we sit here in the cold of winter. :angel:

Last edited:
Thanks CJ :)

We have been using some of the parsley for meals, it is lovely..freezing sounds like a good idea!

Do you know if that is the same with coriander?

Kylie, I love the planter. Folks, you can do the same. Go to garage sales and look for those ye olde glavanized tubs that your grandmother used to do her laundry in. Punch a few holes with a large nail in the bottom, cover with rocks and add your soil. If you are handy with crafts, you can paint the outside of the tub and even paint pics of the veggies. Here in the city, a lot of folks go to restaurants and get the five gallon white buckets that they get their pickles in and other foods. Do the same thing. Punch holes in the bottom, place more rocks, etc.

I am looking forward to the pics. We can all look with envy while we sit here in the cold of winter. :angel:

Thank you Ads :)

I will go and take that photo right now...then I will also upload some photos of our garden for you to see :)

Here are some I have just taken :)

P1000717.JPG

P1000718.JPG

Wow! There is some serious gardening going on at your home. Great pics. Thank you so much. I must take a pic of where our garden plot is. It looks like a cemetary plot. It has gone unused for the past two years. How sad. I wish I could do it. But bending is out of the question for me. Everytime I bend over, I faint. :angel:

Thanks Ads :)

We do put a lot into our garden, try to keep it looking nice, pruned, and above all watered and fertilised...especially with Summer approaching

Yes, please do show us your garden plot..it would be good to see your garden too :)

Sorry to hear that you cant bend now without problems

Thanks so much MrsL :)

It is thriving at the moment with all the spring sunshine and good soil, it must also love the position it is in :)

Thank you Chops...yes I love Spring, everything grows well and blooms, it is perfect!

Cant wait for that first tomato :)

I will have to take some close up photos tomorrow as we have a little baby chilli...it is so cute...and also a capsicum (bell pepper) is starting to come out as well as a strawberry :)

Kylie1969 said:
I will have to take some close up photos tomorrow as we have a little baby chilli...it is so cute...and also a capsicum (bell pepper) is starting to come out as well as a strawberry :)

Oh a new baby!!! Can't wait to see those pictures! ;)

Back
Top Bottom