Growing Tomatoes in Bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Has anyone tried those hanging bags that you insert the plant in upside down, then fill with soil and hang? Any luck? I'm going to see if I can find one this year and try it for the heck of it, just curious if anyone else has done it before.

I did the upside down tomato thing using a bucket, and basically cut a hole on the bottom. It worked fine, just a pain in the butt keeping it wet ( since i am one to forget watering things, the rest of the garden is on a timer with the sprinklers). Those bags work good for strawberries though :)

Yes, I'm doing it for the first time this year. So far so good. Did two tomato varieties in one planter and hung it on the edge of the patio where it gets lots of sun. So far it has reached the blooming stage, so I should start seeing tomatoes any week now.

It was a little rough dealing with two root balls, so in the future I would keep it to one plant. Very easy otherwise.

This is what happened when us kids moved out of the parent's house! (have to look closely, the tomatoes kind of blend in...)

Attachments

• tomatoes.JPG
    tomatoes.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 174
Back
Top Bottom