Pics from the garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful Jeeks.... seems very calm, peaceful, and relaxing around your home.

img_597541_0_6fd70478d19e38d46956b05d78799155.gif

Yeah,.....between all the dogs barking, the cabs honking their horns because the idiot that called them is still getting dressed, the fire sirens, the train, the dopes that speed down my street, etc..... very calm, peaceful and relaxing alright. :glare: :LOL:

When it is quiet and peaceful, I try to soak it in. We're talking about moving and getting some decent property but the market needs to come back a little first.

Hey Jeeks, I have the same problem, but I gararuntee that my home does not look or feel as tranquil as yours does. I would swear you live out in country side somewhere!

I too want to move, but we just paid our house off a few years back and we are enjoying not having a house payment. Plus like you said, the maket just plain stinks for selling your house. But I dream of a country side home, with a covered porch, rocking chair, and the ability to run out in my underware without a soul to see me!!! (Ok, I'm waking up now!)

I love your home!!!

here's a picture I took last week, the blossoms are gone already. I want to photograph the dogwoods today before they disappear..

picture is of a flowering ornamental crab apple.

Attachments

• DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 169
well, I took the pictures of the dogwoods, and the goats, whose origins are Switzerland, which is next door to Italy, and whose manure fertilizes my garden, which includes tomatoes:LOL::mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCF0019.jpg
    DSCF0019.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF0030.jpg
    DSCF0030.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 177
Wow Beth I am a city guy but looking at your pics makes me reconsider...Once I am done with my house reno I think I will start looking for a cabin or something.

Even in the old battered city we have natural beauty this time of year though I wish I had gotten some pics of the incredible cherry tree on my street while it was flowering it is sooo old and leaning from all the kids climbing it. It has survuved the house that it was in front of by half a century chopping and hacking by the utitities and still is dripping with while blossoms in the spring. This year I am going to get me some cherries before the litte cretins:ohmy: get them all. I also want to try to root some cuttings it because it is a fantastic tree

I love looking at your spring flowers...this is our third "spring" here, and flowers, of course, bloom all year around, but there are definite seasons. Right now, the lichee tree has just finished flowering and the fruits are setting. The plumeria is starting to leaf out and will soon be covered with blossoms, as will the mimosa tree. Here is a pic of the bouganvillea blooming madly just outside our front gate:
2460282914_1b90d48cac.jpg

JG, one of the things I have learned about painting is that we all have different skills and talents. I can't paint like any of my teachers, but they can't paint like I do, either. The most important ingredient in any painting is confidence. Make a try at capturing what YOU see. It doesn't have to look real. In fact, if it does look real, you might as well just have a photograph. Say what you want to say. What is most important to you? Color? Form? Symmetry? Light? Color is most important to me, but form follows closely. Learning the basic techniques of mixing color, holding your brush, etc. is very important. But when you give yourself permission to develop your own style, you will grow by leaps and bounds. Buena suerte!

DH's has some things out there that I have NO idea what they are. They only bloom for a few weeks and they're gone. lol. Other stuff are the roses and Cannas. I go out in a little while and see if there are any pretty ones yet.
Jeekinz, yours are beautiful!! I LOVE the drooping ones!!

Oh my goodness! Your blooming things are BEAUTIFUL! I love cherry trees. I'm so jealous. :P All I have to grow things on is a tiny balcony. Someday I'll have a real yard...

Here's some more. Certain varieties of the lillies are blooming. The tomatoes are going great. The cages are about 3 feet tall, some of the plants are towering above them.

Please ignore the neighbors laundry :bash:

img_626671_0_da6ed0441a3eb5db63519a1c57d63c47.jpg

img_626671_1_eeae22f6c1f82727d8ffb416914f39ea.jpg

img_626671_2_935a2697a1e34faa153b54a5d8863a7b.jpg

img_626671_3_34442427ac0906fa5e71cb0c028ee355.jpg

Medusa - ornamental pepper plant....cool.
img_626671_4_a3693bb9ad492e872007b49307afbf9f.jpg

The bell peppers in the foreground are just starting to gain some height.
img_626671_5_e9e6806014cb8712f9052f991a050620.jpg

Gargantuan tomato plants. Finally got the bug lettuce out.
img_626671_6_bb761796b52721f2909d9a54e9edd257.jpg

wow, very nice jeeks!

a very early harvest. eggplants usually take a good amount of heat to fruit.

Looks great Jeekins.
I am at least a full month behind you. :(
I just now FINALLY finished planting everything I started from seed, and got the last of my corn in.
I'll put up pics when DH comes back home tomorrow with da camera. The poor little tomatoes look sickly anyway.... I'll give them time to look pretty for thier close up.

Thanks fellas.

I wound up with waaay too many chile plants. Who was it that said this would happen with Burpee?

Anyway, all of my adjoining neighbors must hate the heat. So when I finally see one, I'll ask if they want any.

Can't wait to see some other gardens!

Oh Jeekinz, your lilies are just stunning! Everything else, too. You are really a talented gardener. Don't apologize to me for the neighbor's laundry - I live in Mexico! Nobody has a dryer - everyone hangs their laundry. It's actually rather colorful and almost like the festive "papel picado" banners!

Back
Top Bottom