What are your 2020 garden plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shouldn't there be a new garden thread for 2021?

That's so funny, taxlady! I just started one, not long after my last reply on here!

Will most sprayers be able to handle the kaolin clay mix? for is there something I should look for when purchasing one? Ive never really used a sprayer before, just want to make sure I dont get something that I clog up in he first use. This will be he first year Ill be using the Kaolin clay, as I got clobbered last year with the damn cucumber and potato beetles. I had just an average year of cukes, above average of potatoes, but still frustrating as hell. And it is so disheartening when you see the cuke vines start to wilt, knowing there is nothing you can do at that point. I try my hardest to keep away from any insecticides. Usually its thee cabbages that I have to deal with, but lately the squash have been taking a hit.
I have even used those cheap sprayers I got from Harbor Freight with kaolin clay, and they worked fine. It's hard to find one with metal sprayers (unless paying a lot), but I was going to tell you to get plastic! No worry about corrosion, and, though brass doesn't corrode terribly, it can happen. I don't know what's available now, it's been so long since I bought them!

I hope you already have the Surround. I just checked the best place I've gotten it from (flat rate shipping fairly cheap up to $50), and it's out of stock!
https://www.groworganic.com/products/surround-25-lb?_pos=3&_sid=c0bf2e3a2&_ss=r

I hope you already have the Surround. I just checked the best place I've gotten it from (flat rate shipping fairly cheap up to $50), and it's out of stock!
https://www.groworganic.com/products/surround-25-lb?_pos=3&_sid=c0bf2e3a2&_ss=r

I had already ordered it through amazon. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday and when I went to check on the status, it said " Undeliverable", So I checked the tracking and it basically said it was refunding my money. I found smaller bags if it, which I haven't purchased yet, but if I cant find larger bags, Ill just get a small bag or two until I can find something more substantial.

And the only reason I didn't start a new thread for 2021 regarding this question, it the it was based off a previous discussion earlier in the thread. Kept it here for continuity purposes.

Last edited:
Larry, I figured that's why you were staying on this thread, since it was already started here.

Sorry to hear about the problem getting the surround. Hopefully it will become available again, before you need it, around May.

Last edited:
I had already ordered it through amazon. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday and when I went to check on the status, it said " Undeliverable", So I checked the tracking and it basically said it was refunding my money. I found smaller bags if it, which I haven't purchased yet, but if I cant find larger bags, Ill just get a small bag or two until I can find something more substantial.

And the only reason I didn't start a new thread for 2021 regarding this question, it the it was based off a previous discussion earlier in the thread. Kept it here for continuity purposes.
Keep the faith.

I ordered some really awesome deer netting. You can practically climb up it. And it was cheap, dirt cheap.

First got a late notice, then an undeliverable notice, then a not in stock notice, then a no longer available notice, then a refund notice. Then I got the refund and figured it was over.

A week later it showed up.

Back
Top Bottom