Ground Buffalo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some commercial rabbit years ago. I tried to make a wine-braised rabbit dish, so it tasted different any way I looked at it. However, I have read that rabbit and chicken are kind of interchangable, so I would hazard a guess that rabbit does indeed taste like chicken.

cats said:
...Also, what does the buffalo meat and/or the ostrich meat taste like from those of you who have tried it? TGIF everyone and have a great weekend!

If you had a buffalo burger with all the fixins', you probably wouldn't have a thought that it was anything other than beef.

I had an ostrich burger at an ostrich farm in Aruba this winter. It did not have a distinctive taste that I noticed in that form. My lunch partners had a marinated ostrich tenderloin and they felt that the sauce obscured any taste differences from beef.

The guides at the ostrich farm tells you they don't cook and serve the ostriches you are seeing but that they import ostrich meat from a 'nearby island'. Later on in the tour, they tell you they hatch lots of ostrich babies and export the extras to a 'nearby island'!. Hmmmm! Verrrrry interesting!

Back
Top Bottom