Parmesan in meatballs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't put any cheese in our meatballs. DW makes them like mini-meatloafs with lots of stuff. They then get covered with fresh shredded Parm at the table, or the green can if we're out of fresh.

I've made meatballs of all kinds, but the last batch I made were more like a meatloaf also, but very lightly seasoned. I froze them and have used them for all kinds of dishes. I love meatballs!

While I do not disagree that there is a world of difference between the green can and "real" parm, I think there is still a place for the green can.

You're right about there being a place for the "green can." It's called the trash bin. There is no comparing fresh REAL Parmesan with the stuff in the green can. This is not parmesan cheese and doesn't taste anything like it. Parmesan is just cheese, nothing else. The green can contains fillers, usually sawdust (yes, that's cellulose). Can't hurt you of course but why would anyone want to make mediocre meatballs with something that's not even good cheese? AAAKKKK.

why would anyone want to make mediocre meatballs with something that's not even good cheese?
Because they like it. If you do not like it then do not buy it. I don't like it and can not remember the last time I bought it. Why should the people who do like it have to throw it in the trash though just because they do not have the same tastes as you?

You're right about there being a place for the "green can." It's called the trash bin. There is no comparing fresh REAL Parmesan with the stuff in the green can. This is not parmesan cheese and doesn't taste anything like it. Parmesan is just cheese, nothing else. The green can contains fillers, usually sawdust (yes, that's cellulose). Can't hurt you of course but why would anyone want to make mediocre meatballs with something that's not even good cheese?AAAKKKK.

Uhh, to eat in a meatball sub? My mistake for not knowing meatball subs were on the gourmet list of foods :wacko:
You certainly weren't the first DQ, but it sure doesn't take long around here anymore to turn a thread into a bashing (food snob) thread.

If you folks (naysayers) don't know the answer to my question about measurements, just come out and say so if you feel the need to type in my thread. No sense to hide it behind your own food preferences and downgrading anything you don't happen to eat. It's easy for anyone to see you're avoiding my question. Huh? :huh:

I almost feel sorry you've never enjoyed the simplicity of opening a can of storebought soup, or bread. That you've never opted for convenience like most of the world. Almost. This thread was NOT about your preferences or tastes. {pausing to stir my and the recipe poster's "mediocre" meatballs}....

Do you people even eat? Or do you just post on the internet? :wacko: I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just don't understand why some people look down on others and have the need to say so in a public forum. You should really work on feeling better about yourself.

I don't get it.

Thank you GB, it's all about tastes.
Why do some people not see that tastes vary?

wow, I am new here an I must say you can sit here with a bag of popcorn and not even turn on the T.V. :ROFLMAO:
I hope everyone got that as a joke. I was trying to lighten up the place.

wow, I am new here an I must say you can sit here with a bag of popcorn and not even turn on the T.V. :ROFLMAO:
I hope everyone got that as a joke. I was trying to lighten up the place.

"Real" popcorn, or that microwage trash?
Some of us here take out popcorn pretty seriously.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

IMO there's a huge difference between most convenience products and cheese that was grated who knows how long ago and is literally mixed with cellulose powder. It doesn't even taste like cheese.

But if you like it, by all means eat it !! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom