Red Wine & Garlic Beef & Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carnivore

Senior Cook
i was trying to clean out the freezer last night, and had some frozen noodles & a ribeye that had been in there about as long as they needed to be. i threw together some beef & noodles, and they turned out really good. I served it over whipped potatoes with homeade bread on the side--now that's comfort food!

Serves 4
  • 1 lb ribeye, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 4-5 cups beef broth
  • 12 oz. frozen noodles
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup dry red wine
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire
  • 2 tbsp half-and-half
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic & saute until lightly golden-brown. Add steak to pan. Season with the oregano, basil, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until beef is most of the way done.

2. Add the wine, vinegar, & Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of the beef broth and more pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

3. Add the frozen noodles and enough beef broth to cover well. Cover pan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Combine the half-and-half & flour in a small bowl and whisk together. Add to the pan, and stir to thicken. Add more beef broth if needed. Simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered. Serve.

carnivore said:
i was trying to clean out the freezer last night, and had some frozen noodles & a ribeye that had been in there about as long as they needed to be. i threw together some beef & noodles, and they turned out really good. I served it over whipped potatoes with homeade bread on the side--now that's comfort food!

Serves 4
  • 1 lb ribeye, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2" cubes
  • 4-5 cups beef broth
  • 12 oz. frozen noodles
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup dry red wine
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire
  • 2 tbsp half-and-half
  • 3 tbsp flour
  • salt & freshly cracked black pepper
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic & saute until lightly golden-brown. Add steak to pan. Season with the oregano, basil, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until beef is most of the way done.

2. Add the wine, vinegar, & Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of the beef broth and more pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

3. Add the frozen noodles and enough beef broth to cover well. Cover pan, and simmer for 15 minutes. Combine the half-and-half & flour in a small bowl and whisk together. Add to the pan, and stir to thicken. Add more beef broth if needed. Simmer for 10 more minutes, uncovered. Serve.

Doesn't this recipe sound yummy. Thanks to carnivore for posting this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom