Weird and wonderful Meat dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a rather unique recipe...

Manifold Stew
This is a feast to have on the road with friends! Great
for road trips! Be sure not to put the Dutch oven close to
the spark plugs. Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes. Cook Time:
approx. 40 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 1 Hour . Makes 6
servings.
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Jerry
2 squirrels - skinned,
gutted, and cut into pieces
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
4 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons rubbed sage
2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed

Directions
1 Preheat car for at the amount of time it takes to
prepare vegetables, about 20 minutes.
2 Place squirrel, potatoes, onion, carrots and garlic
into a medium sized dutch oven with a lid. Pour in the can
of chicken broth and water. Stir in the salt, pepper,
paprika, sage and rosemary. Place pot between the fender skirt
and manifold. Be sure to place the lid on the pot.
3 Drive at least 60 mph (95 kmph) for 4 to 5 hours or
until squirrel is tender.

lol, good one constance.^^

i think the weirdest i have ever had was menudo(tripe) and i thought it was really great. all of the mexicans at the restaraunt really applauded me for trying it, and then again for liking it(the restaraunt i worked for used to hire a lot of illegal immigrants, so they were understandably skittish around the rest of us). i actually thought it tasted a lot like pozole. the other thing would have to be ostrich burgers... they were AMAZING. they don't taste like normal bird, but like steak. and they definitely beat any steak I have ever had.

Bear, javalina (won't try that again!), snake (another don't for me), fried grasshoppers, candied ants; there are others but it has been so long that they are probably better forgotten.

Little Miss J, there used to be a rumor that Hardee's Roast Beef Sandwiches were made with kangaroo meat. If that's true, it sure is good! :cool:

Marsh Rabbit (muskrat) "Fricasay" popular in central Delaware hunting and trapping areas.

Depending on how ya do it, it can be tasty or inedible. What's the secret to fixin' this dark stringy oily gamey critter? Clean it well, salt water soak, buttermilk soak, slow braise with mirepoix or soffrito and red wine, and finish with a traditional pan gravy. serve over homemade biscuits.

Brianschef said:
Saute'd duck tongues...

Oh you could have gone a long time without mentioning this one!!!! :sick: Though when I had about 50 of them in my pool I might have asked you for the recipe!!!!

Back
Top Bottom