Chicken Marengo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrantsKat

Executive Chef
Well this is the cheaters way to make it! My Mom made it when I was young & its the first "dish" I actually attempted to cook for someone. I just made it for dinner on saturday & it was yummy!!!!:)

I dont have specific amounts because I dont usually measure (probably why Im such a lousy cook:ermm:) anyway, its very versitale

1 package of chicken, can be bone-in or not, I think it would work with anything except wings, I used boneless, skinless breasts
1 med onion, diced ( or you can use the pearl onions)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup (you can use golden mushroom, but I like the creamy better)
S & P to taste

Brown the chicken in a little olive oil, remove & set aside. Saute onions & garlic, add a little water, stock, broth whatever you have to "deglaze" (Im afraid to use that word after all the debate in the previous thread:rolleyes:):LOL:
Add the soups & about 2 cans of water, depending on how thick you want the "gravy" to be. Add the chicken and cook on low heat till chicken is fully cooked. Serve with rice, egg noodles or biscuits!! As I said its very versatile, you can mix it up any way you like:chef: Enjoy:)

I have made this dish a couple of times and it is delicious.

I have used bone in chicken thighs which I skinned and de-fatted as much as possible before cooking.

My kids love this with sliced black olives in it.
Go figure??

Sometimes I will toss in a handful of stemmed mushroom right at the end of cooking.

Served over broad egg noodles this is real comfort food.

Back
Top Bottom