Chili Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Chili Mac
1 pound of hamburger
1 29 oz can of tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons of chili powder
1 Tablespoon of onion powder
1 Tablespoon of paprika
salt &pepper to taste
1 29 oz can of water
3 cups of elbow macaroni
1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese

In a large skillet cook hamburger,drain fat.

Place the meat back into the skillet.

Add tomato sauce,chili powder,onion powder,paprika,salt &pepper,Stir thoroughly,add water. Adjust the seasonings if needed.

Stir in the elbow macaroni.Bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer on low, stir occasionally.Cook 20 minutes or until the macaroni is done.Top it with the cheese,cover it again until the cheese is melted.

Serves 4 to 6

Enjoy!

Munky.

Oh, boy! YOu just came up with one of the twelve things I cannot bring myself to eat. :wacko:

Years ago, I was hospitalized with severe intestinal problems. That's all behind me now(sorry for the pun) but at the time, I was put on a liquid diet for the first 3 days I was there. The first solid meal they decided I could have, the nurse uncovered the plate to reveal ..... you guessed it..... Chili Mac! The look of it, the smell of it :sick::sick::sick: What WERE they thinking?

have not been able to even look at the stuff since. :(

I know I can't eat anything similar to food I ate when I was sick. It is called learned conditioning. We associate negative thoughts with food, smells, tastes, experiences. And once learned it is very hard to unlearn them.

Sorry about that June..

Were they out of jello? Geez no wonder you don't like it.I wouldn't either.

My husband is like that with my meatloaf... Ok even the dogs are like that with my meatloaf.I usually get the pathetic look from them "Don't you luv me anymore mom?" I gave up on it. :ROFLMAO:

Ahh well glad you're feeling better. :)

Munky.

1 box Mac-n-Cheese
1 can Wolf brand chili (with beans)
additional grated cheddar (optional)

Make the Mac-n-Cheese according to package directions - add the can of chili and heat ... add additional cheese if you want.

One pot dorm room version! :smartass:

Last edited:
Oh, boy! YOu just came up with one of the twelve things I cannot bring myself to eat. :wacko:

Years ago, I was hospitalized with severe intestinal problems. That's all behind me now(sorry for the pun) but at the time, I was put on a liquid diet for the first 3 days I was there. The first solid meal they decided I could have, the nurse uncovered the plate to reveal ..... you guessed it..... Chili Mac! The look of it, the smell of it :sick::sick::sick: What WERE they thinking?

have not been able to even look at the stuff since. :(

exactly my reaction to calves liver.after similar illness. over fifty years ago and i still have same feeling about it.:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom