Ditalini with beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Cook Ditalini til done, drain, put ditalini back in same pot, add can of dark red kidney beans, can of diced tomatoes-garlic-onion. I also add small amount of tomato sauce. Heat all throughly. Serve in a bowl, topped with Parmesan Reggiano cheese. Crusty bread or garlic bread optional.

It's the same dish, soup with beans and pasta. Fagioli is the correct word. Fazool is a "modified" version of the word that probably came about from an Americanization of the Italian word.

It's the same dish, soup with beans and pasta. Fagioli is the correct word. Fazool is a "modified" version of the word that probably came about from an Americanization of the Italian word.

Actually mine is not soup. ;) I made mine like my mom used to, with the pasta, beans , diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. :)

Actually mine is not soup. ;) I made mine like my mom used to, with the pasta, beans , diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. :)

I realize that and your dish sounds delicious.

I was responding to the question on pasta fagioli. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I realize that and your dish sounds delicious.

I was responding to the question on pasta fagioli. Sorry for hijacking your thread.
no problem, Andy. I should take a pic of my dish and post it ;)
It was delicous, I ate 2 bowls of it . :pig::pig:

This is the way I've made pasta fazul. Lena's Pasta Fazul - Allrecipes *. Sounds a lot like Ladycook's recipe.

I always thought pasta figoli was bean soup and pasta fazul was beans and pasta.

(I didn't mean to hijack the thread, Lady. Pasta fazul is just what I call your recipe.)

Lee

* I add country style spare ribs to my big pot of pasta fazul, for a REALLY hearty meal! My friend's Italian mother makes hers that way, but she uses canned vegetarian baked beans.

The beans. It's all about the beans. What type of.
I HATE beans!
I have nightmares about beans. Sorry, LC. I'm sure this is very healthy for you, but I just can't do it. Thanks for posting for those who enjoy them though.

This is the way I've made pasta fazul. Lena's Pasta Fazul - Allrecipes *. Sounds a lot like Ladycook's recipe.

I always thought pasta figoli was bean soup and pasta fazul was beans and pasta.

(I didn't mean to hijack the thread, Lady. Pasta fazul is just what I call your recipe.)

Lee

* I add country style spare ribs to my big pot of pasta fazul, for a REALLY hearty meal! My friend's Italian mother makes hers that way, but she uses canned vegetarian baked beans.

I didn't use the recipe, just threw stuff together I had on hand.;) Also I use Dark red kidney beans . It seems most of those recipes use cannelli beans. That recipe link you post sound good .

The beans. It's all about the beans. What type of.
I HATE beans!
I have nightmares about beans. Sorry, LC. I'm sure this is very healthy for you, but I just can't do it. Thanks for posting for those who enjoy them though.

All beans ? Even string beans ?

All beans ? Even string beans ?

String beans I'll do. Especially right off the vine - but then they aren't really beans since your eating the casing too. And jelly, of course. But anything from lima to navy to kidney to baked and anything inbetween.......YIKO!!! I know I should as they're a great sorce of zinc, and my chiropractor told me years and years ago I'm deficient so I should take supliments. But even the tablets are stinky!

String beans I'll do. Especially right off the vine - but then they aren't really beans since your eating the casing too. And jelly, of course. But anything from lima to navy to kidney to baked and anything inbetween.......YIKO!!! I know I should as they're a great sorce of zinc, and my chiropractor told me years and years ago I'm deficient so I should take supliments. But even the tablets are stinky!
I don't like all beans. I dislike Lima beans and baked beans.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom