Quick and Easy Mock Stroganoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squeaker

Assistant Cook
Quick and easy mock stroganoff

Bag of frozen meat balls (thawed)
1 family size can cream of mushroom soup
1 small container of sour cream
1 Tablespoon of worchestershire sauce
1 4oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 Table spoon dried parley flakes
Cooked egg noodles

In a large pot heat meatballs, soup, worchestershire sauce, and mushrooms. Cook on low and heat until meatballs are heated through. Add sour cream and heat until heated through. Serve over cooked egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley flakes.

sounds good and easy.
I'd prbly find some way to add some onions too. :)

Another one.. canned beef in gravy, small can sliced mushrooms, sour cream, garlic powder, egg noodles.

lightly brown the mushrooms in oil with the garlic powder. Stir in the canned beef with gravy. Boil up the egg noodles. Stir the sour cream into the beef mixture, serve over noodles.. surprisingly tasty.

I have another version I used to make

Fry a pound of ground beef, add onions and garlic and cook till onions are tender. Add 10 oz can of mushroom soup and one of beef broth (or boullion), a couple of dashes of worstershire sauce, parsley and a can of mushrooms, drained. Add a half a bag of egg noodles (raw), cover and cook until noodles are tender. Stir in a cup of sour cream. The noodles really take on the flavour of the stroganoff and it is just as easy.

I have another version I used to make

Fry a pound of ground beef, add onions and garlic and cook till onions are tender. Add 10 oz can of mushroom soup and one of beef broth (or boullion), a couple of dashes of worstershire sauce, parsley and a can of mushrooms, drained. Add a half a bag of egg noodles (raw), cover and cook until noodles are tender. Stir in a cup of sour cream. The noodles really take on the flavour of the stroganoff and it is just as easy.

Laurie, your take on stroganoff sounds very yummy. i am curious though, how to you store the noodles after they have been boiled ? should they be eaten after ready to eat and not be stored ? it sounds so easy to make and good, sounds like it shouldn't take too much time too, just perfect for me. btw, i think i will skip the wortershire sauce because i have a fish allergy, and it has anchoives in it i think, at least, i seem to rememeber that in the ingredients -- i hope thats ok.

sounds good and easy.
I'd prbly find some way to add some onions too. :)

I would fry off the onions in a small amount of oil to get the flavour going, then add the other ingredients. I agree that would add a nother depth of flavour for little extra effort.

Laurie, your take on stroganoff sounds very yummy. i am curious though, how to you store the noodles after they have been boiled ? should they be eaten after ready to eat and not be stored ? it sounds so easy to make and good, sounds like it shouldn't take too much time too, just perfect for me. btw, i think i will skip the wortershire sauce because i have a fish allergy, and it has anchoives in it i think, at least, i seem to rememeber that in the ingredients -- i hope thats ok.

I am not sure I understand your question. I take broad egg noodles I buy in a bag from the store (I use "No Yolks" brand) and I just pour the uncooked noodles right into the the strognanoff. I do not boil them first. The liquids in the pan cook them perfectly. Just make sure the pan is covered during this process.

You can leave the Worcestershire out, I just find it deepens the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom