Chicken Breast Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildOrchid310

Assistant Cook
I have about an hour to come up with an idea for, make, and eat a chicken breast that is currently thawing in my kitchen. So far I've made: Honey Stir-fry, Chicken Parmesan, and a chicken/mashed potatoes/bacon bowl type thing. I'm pretty tired of all of the above. Any ideas for me? Thanks!! :chef:

Something super easy and versatile:

Place 1 chicken breast on a piece of foil, S&P both sides. (or seasoning of choice). Cut up one potato in thin slices, lay on top. You can cut up a few slices of onions/ peppers on top as well. Add about a T of BBQ sauce. Seal in foil packet. Bake 450 for 18-22 minutes. (Or I actually do mine at 350 for about 35 minutes. You can change vegetables/ sauces around, add cheese etc to suit your taste.

Something super easy and versatile:

Place 1 chicken breast on a piece of foil, S&P both sides. (or seasoning of choice). Cut up one potato in thin slices, lay on top. You can cut up a few slices of onions/ peppers on top as well. Add about a T of BBQ sauce. Seal in foil packet. Bake 450 for 18-22 minutes. (Or I actually do mine at 350 for about 35 minutes. You can change vegetables/ sauces around, add cheese etc to suit your taste.

That sounds like a great meal to leave in the refrigerator for the helpless hubby or teen!

I think I will give it a try.:pig:

Chicken Chop Suey:
1 can sliced water chestnuts
1 can bamboo shoots
8 0z sliced mushrooms
4 tbs. soy sauce
3 tbs soy sauce
1.8 tsp. Chinese 5-spice powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, peeld and sliced into bite-sized strips
2 stalks celery
3 cups water
1 cup velvet marinade (see recipe below)
2 chicken breasts
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
3 tbs sugar
4 tbs. cooking oil

Cornstarch slurry:
combine 1 cup of water, 3 tbs soy sauce,3 heaping tbs cornstarch, and the Chines 5 spice powder in a bowl. Stir until the cornstarch is disolved. Taste. Add more soy sauce if needed. 1/8 tsp. of powdered ginger can be added if you want.

Place 1 tbs cooking oil into a sauce pan and heat until fragrant. While the oil is heating, skin and bone the chicken breasts. Add the skin and bones into the pot and brown. Add 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.

When the skins are golden brown and crispy, add three cups of water, cover, and turn the heat to simmer.

Open and drain the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Use the can juice to add flavor to the chicken broth that's cooking in the pot.

Slice the chicken into thin strips and place into the marinade. Let sit for ten minutes. While the chicken is hanging out in the marinade, heat a large wok, or SS frying pan over high heat. When hot, add 3 tbs. cooking oil. Place the washed mushrooms into the pan and stir-fry until soft. Season with a tsp. of salt and stir. Immediately add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, onion, garlic, and celery to the hot pan. Stir-fry until very lightly carmelized. REmove from the heat.

Remove the skins and bones from tbe broth and taste it. Correct the seasoning. Turn down the heat until the broth is no longer bubbling, but is on the verge of doing so. REmove teh chicken strips from the marinade and place into the hot broth, 4 strips at a time, and let poach until the cornstarch turns opaque. Remove the strips and repeat until all of the chicken strips have been poached. By the way, the is called velveting chicken.

Add more water to the broth until you have about 2 cups, and thicken with a little corn starch slurry (you can use some of the slurry used to marinade the chicken). Bring to a boil and check the thickness. You want it to be about the consistancy of a heavy gravy.

Add the chicken strips and gravy to the stir fried veggies and fold all together. Serve with hot rice and your favorite sauce on the side.

If you add soft-cooked noodles, this becomes chicken lo mein. Add crispy-fried noodles and you get chicken chow mein. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

How about making it au poivre? This is a lot quicker than one hour.

Sprinkle chicken breast(s) with crushed peppercorns or very coarse pepper. Place between sheets of plastic and pound them with a mallet to flatten and achieve uniform thickness. Saute in butter until first side is lightly browned, turn once and repeat. Reserve breast(s) in warm oven.

Deglaze the pan with Madeira or dry sherry wine, then add some cream and rosemary, whisk until sauce is smooth, then serve over breast(s).

Chicken au Poivre recipes on Google

I know I'm late, but this one is dead simple and high on flavor and you can try it some other time. :chef: (I watched Jamie Oliver make this ages ago on one of the cooking channels.) It's simple to adjust the ingredients to make one serving or to make eight.

halved chicken breasts
sliced pancetta, I use 4 thin slices per half-breast
leeks, sliced into thin rings and rinsed well
white wine (or chicken stock w/ a squeeze of lemon)
fresh thyme

Toss the leeks with some olive oil, S&P, fresh thyme leaves, glug of white wine and add a knob of butter. Mix it around and put into the bottom of a casserole dish.

Wrap each chicken breast w/ slices of pancetta. Put the chicken onto the leek mixture & try to pile the leeks up under the chicken breasts as best you can to prevent them from browning too quickly. Drizzle with a touch more olive oil, place a couple of whole thyme sprigs on top and cook for 25 to 35 minutes at 400F.

Zerah that sounds pretty good!

I hope the OP meant s/he had an hour allotted for cooking the meal. If s/he expected an answer within an hour of posting the OP then it was a pretty good response since most of the replies were within an hour.

I hope that didn't include drive to market time! :)

Wow! These look amazing!! Unfortunately I ran out of time to cook at all because I got sidetracked and ended up eating some cranberry orange bread my roommate had out. :S But thanks so much!! I was in desperate need of some new ideas and now I have all kinds of things to try next week. :)

My SE Asian style chicken breast

This is really easy, but tastes great (or so my wife agrees! :LOL: ) and only takes 20 minutes from start to table.

Ingredients
1 medium onion
1 knob ginger, according to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp curry powder (heat according to taste)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 can coconut milk
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
2 chicken breasts, cut in thin strips

1. Slice the onion and ginger into paper thin slices. Saute in the olive oil until soft and golden.
  2. Add curry powder plus soy sauce and fry for about a minute, not letting let it burn.
  3. Add the coconut milk and peanut butter and warm on medium heat until it forms a thickish sauce.
  4. Lastly, add the chicken strips and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Serve with jasmine or brown rice, topped with fresh chopped coriander leaves.

For an extra bit of tang, add some slices of lemongrass stalk when cooking, and then discard.

Enjoy

Mike

Welcome to DC, MimoCoach! Your recipe sounds great, and I have all the ingredients! Thanks!

Last edited:
Buonasera,

Chicken breasts stuffed with Pesto Genovese: fresh basil, pinenuts, Evoo, garlic and s & p ... I believe I posted this recipe in the Ethnic Section or in the Chicken Section ...

Sorry I had just caught notice of your post now 20.40 Hours in Mediterranean.

Kind regards. Ciao.
Margi.

Buonasera,

Chicken Breast Recipes ...

a.) Pollo al Siciliano: black kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, breadcrumbs - baguette, Evoo and tomato + fresh and dried Mediterranean herbs of choice: oregano, basil, thyme, parsley ...

b.) lemon chicken: lemon zest and lemon juice - no pith, capers, dredge in a bit of unbleached or chickpea flour, Evoo, fresh chives or Basil or Parsley

c.) blackened chicken: paprika smoked Pimentón, ground blk pep, salt, garlic, cayenne, oregano and thyme.

d.) Chicken Marsala: recipe posted in chicken section or ethnic

Have nice dinner.
Ciao. M.C.

This is really easy, but tastes great (or so my wife agrees! :LOL: ) and only takes 20 minutes from start to table.

Ingredients
1 medium onion
1 knob ginger, according to taste
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp curry powder (heat according to taste)
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 can coconut milk
2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
2 chicken breasts, cut in thin strips

1. Slice the onion and ginger into paper thin slices. Saute in the olive oil until soft and golden.
  2. Add curry powder plus soy sauce and fry for about a minute, not letting let it burn.
  3. Add the coconut milk and peanut butter and warm on medium heat until it forms a thickish sauce.
  4. Lastly, add the chicken strips and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Serve with jasmine or brown rice, topped with fresh chopped coriander leaves.

For an extra bit of tang, add some slices of lemongrass stalk when cooking, and then discard.

Mike

I like it! :)

As an alternative to the lemongrass treatment, you can use a rubber mallet and pound the bottom ends of the stalks between two sheets of plastic wrap, then mince some of the pulp and add that to the recipe, no need to remove it then.

We normally make something called Alice Springs Chicken like The Outback Restaurant does. Normally we take a chicken breast and cut it in half depending on how thick the breast is. Then we sprinkle the top and bottom with Season All Salt. We then plac ein a frying pan or grill (if your using a frying pan then add a little oil to the pan just enough to brown the chicken) then we cook some bacon, until crispiness is done to your perfection. Then put the bacon on the top of the chicken breast and Colby & Monterrey jack cheese and then i place it in the microwave to melt the cheese a little. Then serve with honey mustard!

Also I forgot the mention that we cook some chicken breast on a griddle. Then we make a chicken sandwich with Texas Toast, slice of cheese & onion.

I know my post came kinda late, but I figured I would post anyway!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom