How about Quesadilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
I make this all the time..its so easy and delicious...can be a side dish or a snack.:ROFLMAO:got this recipe from recipezaar.com
Chicken Quesadilla This is a simple way to make a yummy snack or light meal. You can sub canned green chilies and make it a vegetarian snack. Also this works best with a large electric skillet so you can cook more than one at a time.
SERVES 2

Ingredients

• 1 cup fajita chicken strips (I buy Swansons in the frozen food section)
  • 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese
  • 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
  • 4 tablespoons soft margarine
  • 6 ounces sour cream (optional)

Directions

1. Warm up electric skillet or a large frying pan.

2. Lay out Tortilla spread cheese and cut up chicken strips on half.

3. Fold in half and butter one side just like a grilled cheese.

4. Put on warmed skillet (butter side down) and butter other side.

5. Cook until it is lightly browned and cheese is melted enough to hold it together so you can flip it over.

6. Cook on that side until lightly browned.

7. Cut in half (easier to eat).

8. You can keep warm in the oven while you cook the rest.

9. Spread sour cream on top before you eat.

My daughter-in-law's mother, who doesn't speak english and lives in San Luis, Mexico, taught me how to make authentic quesadillas several years ago. Besides making the flour tortillas from scratch, which she and my daughter-in-law always do, and using a blend of hard cheeses, it was the side dishes meant to be eaten with the strictly cheese quesadilla that was so interesting. I suspect that many of them were set out because I was a guest, but I politely didn't ask. Anyway, some of the quesadilla "toppings" available were regular salsa, a roasted corn and diced tomato salsa with lots of lime juice, a bean and roasted peppers salsa, and some sort of black bean paste that I'm not sure of, but was "interesting." It was a wonderful experience of flavors that I have only poorly duplicated on my own since then.

Oh, and I buy my flour tortillas - :LOL:

yummy

My daughter-in-law's mother, who doesn't speak english and lives in San Luis, Mexico, taught me how to make authentic quesadillas several years ago. Besides making the flour tortillas from scratch, which she and my daughter-in-law always do, and using a blend of hard cheeses, it was the side dishes meant to be eaten with the strictly cheese quesadilla that was so interesting. I suspect that many of them were set out because I was a guest, but I politely didn't ask. Anyway, some of the quesadilla "toppings" available were regular salsa, a roasted corn and diced tomato salsa with lots of lime juice, a bean and roasted peppers salsa, and some sort of black bean paste that I'm not sure of, but was "interesting." It was a wonderful experience of flavors that I have only poorly duplicated on my own since then.

Oh, and I buy my flour tortillas - :LOL:
nothing really beats the authentic one... i sure am gonna try to experiment with different toppings one of these days...:chef:

dessert quesadilla

I also love dessert quesadilla...peach, mangoes are my favorites..put some chocolate sauce or cream and u have yourself a tasty dessert:chef:

Brie%20Dessert%20Quesadillas.jpg

MMMM Im totally trying some of these - quick and easy that is what I like to see hehe!

I put a lot more 'stuff' in a quesadilla than you guys.

I start with two tortillas, each spread with guacamole. Then I add shredded cheese and chopped scallions on one side. Followed by sliced chicken breast, chopped pickled jalapenos and taco sauce. I flip one tortilla over onto the other and it goes into a hot buttered pan to toast the tortilla and melt the cheese. Flip and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom