Take It To A New Limit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
On another forum, asked is what can be made with one hand ?

Guy was in an accident and only has use of one arm right now. What can he cook ?

Of course he is the type who wants to cook, not just open a can or grab the phone.

T

On another forum, asked is what can be made with one hand ?

Guy was in an accident and only has use of one arm right now. What can he cook ?

Of course he is the type who wants to cook, not just open a can or grab the phone.

T
If he wants stews, he can use baby carrots, tiny potatoes, pearl onions, and ready cut stew meat. ?baked beans can be made on the stove top with one hand. Other items include boiled eggs, fried eggs, omelets, steaks, chops, pasta, tomato soup, grilled cheese, braised beef roast (on stove top), corn on the cob, rice, baked potatoes, baked apples, banana foster, steamed veggies, sautéed shrimp scampi, shrimp cocktail, sautéed scallops, pan fried fish, hot sub sandwiches, sloppy joes, hot dogs, burgers, and many more.

There are many products that can be adopted to avoid having to cut, slice, and dice. There are burger presses, pre-seasoned meats, steam pouches of frozen veggies, cherry, and grape tomatoes, sliced olices, sliced mushrooms, etc.

SSeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I just wouldn't want to say there is anything somebody with one hand couldn't cook if they set their mind to it. Folks paint with no hands and run with no feet after all. I'm not saying everybody just can pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. By law, the workplaces are required to provide reasonable accommodations and there are professional occupational therapists who help with this kind of stuff both for work and ordinary living skills. But my hunch is the bigger error is limiting someone else's possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom